Reload this Page >

Printer problems in a Office Network

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 04-19-02, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am using a Windows Xp Pro and connected to 2 Printers in the office network.Both of them have their own IP address and working perfectly.There is no print server !Connected by Local lan hub
The problem is that everyone else on the network is using the printers also and each time in the Printer and Faxes Folder I get their Printers icon & setting's into my computer.How to stop it from getting into my computer by itself?
I have tried to delete it but after a few minutes they keep on appearing new ones again!
Old 04-19-02, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk God

I think i understand what you asked.. but can you rephrase it, because it doesnt make any sense
Old 04-19-02, 08:45 AM

Are you saying that you have 2 printers on the network at work, and you don't want to be connected to those two printers? Do you have a local printer?

Why not just let them be in printers and faxes and set your other printer as default?

As with twikoff, you've confused me also!
Old 04-19-02, 09:35 PM

I got 2 Printers on the network! I have good connections with them,but at the Printers and Faxes Dialog Box, I get new icons & Printers from other person connected to the same network and printer invading or planting themselves .Everytime I clear them out, they keep popping back !Sorry If I confused you guys!
Old 04-19-02, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Welcome to WindowsXP and the wonderful world of auto-discovery. This in addition to your hubbed network is your problem. You can go into your device manager and tell it to not use these printers and they won't show up. The better thing to do is to use a switched network, then they don't invade your computer.
Old 04-21-02, 08:06 PM

Well I am new to Networks and there is no server,do you have guides how to turn my hubbed network into a switched network?Or any other way to do it!