Old 04-04-02, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with CD Burner

Specs arent revelent, IMO, but here goes:

W ME
EZ CD Creator 4
Creative CDRW 4-2-24X

Ive tried burning 2 CD's already, and both times the stupid computer freezes up on the 2nd song. Maybe it just doesn't like this band, I dont know.

I've used a Dyson brand CDR (I like 'em)
and Ive used a Khypermedia CDR

Any way to check and see if my BURNER is crapola, or is it just forget about that certain song and try again?
Old 04-04-02, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
more info..

burning a copy of a cd? is there a smudge or scratch on the cd?

burning from mp3 file? does that file play correctly?
Old 04-04-02, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

nah i made a cd from other cds ive bought...

i didnt even put the song on this cd and it worked

f***ing C***D!!
Old 04-04-02, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It sounds like you are only having trouble burning Track 2 of a specific CD, and that you have no troubles burning anything else.

Then it would be something with the track on the CD. Does the back look clean?
Old 04-04-02, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by IdgIe49
nah i made a cd from other cds ive bought...

i didnt even put the song on this cd and it worked

f***ing C***D!!
So how did you do it? did you rip the songs from the storebought music CDs and then burn a mix from there? Did you transfer the CD Audio track to WAV and burn it from there?

WinME?!
Old 04-05-02, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Ben732

So how did you do it? did you rip the songs from the storebought music CDs and then burn a mix from there? Did you transfer the CD Audio track to WAV and burn it from there?

WinME?!
I just eliminated the song...ie, said FU and just didnt even try for the third time to copy it.

I use WinME because my nifty little Dazzle EmME USB Video Connector REQUIRES W ME in order for use. I only use that computer for CD Burning, Zip Drive, Video Camera, and clicking like a mad fein. But this computer is W 98
Old 04-05-02, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by IdgIe49

I just eliminated the song...ie, said FU and just didnt even try for the third time to copy it.

I use WinME because my nifty little Dazzle EmME USB Video Connector REQUIRES W ME in order for use. I only use that computer for CD Burning, Zip Drive, Video Camera, and clicking like a mad fein. But this computer is W 98
Ahhhh... Sucks that it requires just ME as the OS and not several different OS's... I use Win2k and WinXP at home and have no problems with them.

My brother has a Dazzle device I think... Captures Hockey stuff off TV and makes video clips out of them, etc... Comes in Handy especially since he's got Ultimate TV now, so he can take something, record it, MPEG it, and FTP it over to me!

So, I take it when you elimated that song everything burned ok?
Old 04-05-02, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Ben732

So, I take it when you elimated that song everything burned ok?
yup though, having over 300 cd's and leaving 22 minutes left on the cd i was burning really bites
Old 04-05-02, 10:53 PM

Try nero burning rom, its far superior to ezcd creator. Also your drive looks a bit outdated with those speeds. Is it a usb cd-rw? I had a sony spressa usb I used for about a year. It failed ALOT. I recently got a deal for a hi-val 24/10/40 and this puppy screams. Its got nice buffer underrun and smartburn or something like that, have not had any failures in about 100 or so disks.

-K
Old 04-06-02, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Kevlar
Try nero burning rom, its far superior to ezcd creator. Also your drive looks a bit outdated with those speeds. Is it a usb cd-rw? I had a sony spressa usb I used for about a year. It failed ALOT. I recently got a deal for a hi-val 24/10/40 and this puppy screams. Its got nice buffer underrun and smartburn or something like that, have not had any failures in about 100 or so disks.

-K
Nero came with my burner, and I hate it!!! Everyone swears by it but I think it sucks. Its not USB. It may be outdated, but I rarely use it anyways. Im guessing that CD mightve had some copying protection of some sort on it. It's not a big deal, cause I burned the other songs I wanted.