Reload this Page >

question about mp3s (non music related)

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 12-31-01, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok..i'm d/l an audiobook from a site and its huge..like 100k. anyway what i wanna know is after its done d/l and i go to convert the mp3 so it plays in a cd player will it have all the tracks on it like the original? or will it just play as one big 75min track?

if it will play as just one long track is there a way i can tell the cd to divide it up into a few tracks?

hope ya understood that
Old 12-31-01, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: question about mp3s (non music related)

Originally posted by namrufmot
ok..i'm d/l an audiobook from a site and its huge..like 100k.
Are you on a 9600 bps modem or something? Maybe you meant 100 MB.

anyway what i wanna know is after its done d/l and i go to convert the mp3 so it plays in a cd player will it have all the tracks on it like the original? or will it just play as one big 75min track?

if it will play as just one long track is there a way i can tell the cd to divide it up into a few tracks?
Well, first of all, are you talking about a CD player that plays MP3 files? Not many players do, and you'd probably know for sure if yours did.

If you are talking about CD audio, there are some programs that convert MP3 -> CDA format, like Nero (http://www.nero.com/en/index2.htm). The CD will be divided like the MP3s are, but you'll probably need multiple CDs in that case.
Old 12-31-01, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

lol..yes i meant 100mb. the file is 75min long so i know it will all fit onto a cd once i convert it.

my question was this: say i download one mp3 file of a whole music album (like every song is in that one mp3 file) when i go to convert into cd audio will it show up as having 12 different songs or just one long one?

i want to be able to skip to like track 15 if i have to...did that clear things up? i hope!?

Last edited by namrufmot; 12-31-01 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-31-01, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

my question was this: say i download one mp3 file of a whole music album (like every song is in that one mp3 file) when i go to convert it onto a cd will it show up as having 12 different songs or just one long one?
Oh, OK. Yeah, it will be one long track. You can divide up the MP3 yourself with an editor... like this one, which is free:

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0...t-7-10.6963976
Old 12-31-01, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

so will that program let me insert "breaks" into the mp3 and create a number of tracks?
Old 12-31-01, 02:12 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
so will that program let me insert "breaks" into the mp3 and create a number of tracks?
Sound Forge will. Maybe Cool Edit?