Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

question about bin files

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

question about bin files

Old 08-31-01, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question about bin files

Someone sent me a game(Madden 2K2) in .bin format, and told me just to burn it. What software should I use to burn it? I tried using Nero, but it just burns the file and I cannot play the game. Any suggestions?
Old 08-31-01, 03:55 PM
Banned

It's probably a CD image file. .bin stands for binary file and it could be anything, but since he said to just burn it then it's probably a CD image file (depends on the size of the file. if it's big it's probably a CD image). To burn a CD image in Nero that wasn't created by Nero you need to know some info about the file first. I forget what info that is, but you need it. Sorry, I'm not much of any help. I've only burned a CD image once. Basically you go to the File menu in Nero and choose "Burn CD Image" or something like that. A dialog box will pop up and you'll want to select the .bin file (you'll probably have to set the filter on the dialog box to All Files (*.*)). Then a dialog box will pop up with some information that you need to fill in. I don't know what you need to put there, you'll have to ask your friend or someone else here.
Old 08-31-01, 04:00 PM

You will need to use CDRWIN from www.goldenhawk.com. You should have a .cue file to go with the .bin file.
Old 08-31-01, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
yep
cdrwin.. and if your burner isnt supported by cdrwin, you can use fireburner

if it wasnt a playstation game, and you just wanted to extract it.. you could use winimage

but of course we arent discussing this, because that would mean we are discussing the pirating of playstation games.. which of course is a big no no in this forum
Old 08-31-01, 05:34 PM
X
Administrator

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally posted by twikoff

but of course we arent discussing this, because that would mean we are discussing the pirating of playstation games.. which of course is a big no no in this forum
Thanks for pointing that out.