Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

How does one attach things to email using AOL?

Old 08-18-01, 01:20 AM
Banned

How does one attach things to email using AOL?

I have a friend of mine from my old job who uses AOL for her email. One of her problems is that she does not know how to attach word documents, etc with her AOL email account. I decided to ask here as I'm sure somebody here will know how to do this using AOL. Can anyone help me?

Thanks for the help everyone
Old 08-18-01, 08:09 AM

Hi not sure how to do it since I used AOL like a few years ago but if you tell me all the buttons on there, I can tell you how.

Darno
Old 08-18-01, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

An alternative is to get one of those free email accounts that lets you email an attachment from your PC. For example, my "startide" account at earthling.net allows me fairly flexible options in emailing attachments.

AOL is a weird beast. They have USENET newsgroups as well, but "hide" access to it. They also make access to messages problematic and inconvenient with their clunky interface. But at least they are still able to claim that they offer usenet access (they just didn't say how difficult it was to read or post).