Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Getting Playstation Vue...device options?

Old 11-13-17, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Getting Playstation Vue...device options?

Hello All

We currently have Direct TV Dish and it's on the way out at the end of the month. After looking at a few options on saving money and getting what we want which is Locals, a few of the favorite netorks like USA, AMC, Sy-Fy FX and all along with movies we wish to see versus the predetermined ones.....we are wanting to go with Amazon Prime and Playstation Vue.

Now I have a PS4 in the Rec Room where i can get Playstion Vue and Amazon. The issue we think is with our new Smart TV, a LG (U43L6300) which has Amazon, Sling and a host of others...everything but Playstation Vue.

From what I'm seeing we would still need another device...Fire TV, Fire Stick, another PS4....yea right for the wife's TV...or even a Sony Blu-Ray Player. Is that correct?

If so I'm seeing issues about the new Fire TV device and some like the Fire Stick and some don't. We still have a older Sony Blu-Ray player I've been wanting to upgrade and there's a 2016 model that's cheap and has all these apps.

Bear in mind we have never done streaming, apps, Amazon, Hulu, Sling or any of these. It's been ATT, Dish or Direct TV always. So we're still fuzzy as to how this all works and is accessible. If going thru the Blu-Ray to get Playstation Vue is perfectly fine while getting Amazon thr the Smart TV is just as good, I'll gladly do that versus taking a chance with Fire TV or Stick. Just looking for a bit of guidance and suggestions. Thanks.
Old 11-13-17, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Getting Playstation Vue...device options?

The Fire TV Stick is fine. Get that or a Roku.

I used the Fire TV Stick when I had Vue and only had a few performance issues on the first gen Fire TV Stick, and no issues on current gen, not sure which issues you're reading about.

Last edited by RichC2; 11-13-17 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-13-17, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Getting Playstation Vue...device options?

Forget to ask this but we have everything wired since the house is really old and the walls are not the normal run-of-the-mill sheetrock. I was looking at the Fire Stick and it seems it's all WiFi.....and the new Fire TV....this is the one everyone is complaining about especially the remote going thru batteries...does have someway of wired connection but you have to buy some adapter.