Community
Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

AMC Premiere / AMC+ -- AMC Network's Streaming Services

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-21, 10:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: AMC Premiere / AMC+ -- AMC Network's Streaming Services

Anyone else try using AMC+ on Youtube TV? I've tested it for a few months, and when it comes to getting any of the Shudder content...they are very hit and miss. Example, the new Slasher series is missing an episode (ep 2, while they have 1, 3, 4, and 5). When I've reached out to YouTube TV about it, they say they are only posting what they receive...so basically they are passing the buck. Shudder as a standalone service has all of the episodes.

For now, I'll be sticking with AMC+ or Shudder as a separate direct service vs getting via YouTube TV.
Old 11-19-21, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

AMC Plus has a special 1-year, $23.88 Black Friday promo. You have to sign up on the AMC Plus website.

It also includes the Hubs for Shudder, BBC America, IFC and Sundance Now.

My Amazon $8.99/month subscription was due to renew in 2 days, so I cancelled it and got this promo.

I know most here are simply tapped out for time and money on streaming services, so if this interests you, it's a good deal. You'll get to see Walking Dead universe episodes 1 week early. And Shudder is a nice bonus. But, this version of Shudder doesn't have the live channels.

The following 3 users liked this post by DJariya:
emachine12 (11-20-21), TheBigDave (11-19-21), Why So Blu? (11-20-21)
Old 11-19-21, 06:16 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Damn that’s nice. I paid more than that for Shudder with the 31% off promo. I currently have AMC+ for another month at $.99 cents. I’ve been using it mostly for films on IFC Unlimited.
Old 11-19-21, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Great fucking deal. I went ahead and ordered the sub directly and canceled the one via Amazon.
The following users liked this post:
DJariya (11-19-21)
Old 11-19-21, 11:46 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. That's an awesome deal.
DJariya (11-19-21)
Old 11-20-21, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

I cancelled via Apple TV channels saving me money. The downside is I lose 5.1 audio but the cost savings is better.
Old 11-22-21, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Lack of 5.1 audio support is a dealbreaker- it's been around long enough now that every service should be able to deliver it. Checked a few movies (including The Rock and Money Train) and they were cropped from 2.35 to full screen 16x9. Hard pass.
Old 11-22-21, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

^ Normally me too, but at an $84 savings, I'm in. Who knows, maybe AMC+ will get with the program within a year and offer 5.1. If not, then I will switch back, but that'll be in a year.
Old 11-23-21, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Lack of 5.1 audio support is a dealbreaker- it's been around long enough now that every service should be able to deliver it. Checked a few movies (including The Rock and Money Train) and they were cropped from 2.35 to full screen 16x9. Hard pass.
There is 5.1 audio through the AppleTV channel because of how ATV content is stored and delivered. I was subscribed this way but the $84 cost savings outweighed my desire for surround sound. Especially considering Shudder is and will always be stereo only.
Old 11-28-21, 02:31 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just subscribed through their website, downloaded the app on my Roku Ultra, signed into my account but every single title I tried to play I got "We're sorry, this content is not included in your subscription. Error Code: 403_RESOURCE_PROVIDER.
Old 11-29-21, 02:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

2 days before my annual Shudder would've renewed for like $50 or $60, I was able to sign up for AMC+ with this promo...thank you for the heads up!
Old 11-29-21, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Anyone else sign up for the 40% off yearly for AMC+ only to feel bamboolzed a couple weeks later with the BF $1.99 promotion?

It is what it is...but that was sneaky for sure.
Old 12-03-21, 03:57 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

The new Keira Knightley drama/comedy/horror film Silent Night (2021) is now available.

https://www.amcplus.com/movies/silen...-2021--1044229
Old 12-05-21, 08:24 AM

“Get your first 3 months of AMC+ for $0.99/month with code AMCP99. Stream original series, exclusive movies & more.”
Old 12-05-21, 03:08 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

With AMC+. I lose some of Shudder’s content, right? The live channels and the special events like Joe Bob’s premieres?
Old 12-05-21, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
With AMC+. I lose some of Shudder’s content, right? The live channels and the special events like Joe Bob’s premieres?
Yes. And a large chunk of on demand content too. it should be advertised as "selections from AMC, Sundance, IFC, Shudder, and BBC America.". I wanted to try Killing Eve but the only "episodes" are not actual episodes. Joe Bob Briggs Drive-In is also missing and you only have the specials.
Old 12-12-21, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Geeze, the ad breaks are annoying with Doctor Who: Flux, They break in about five seconds before the episode’s natural ad break.
Old 04-27-22, 12:28 PM

IFC Films is moving its first pay television window to AMC+, in a bid by AMC Networks to carve out a weekly exclusive movie premiere every week of the year for its in-house streaming service. Under the new deal, announced on Tuesday, AMC+ will be the exclusive streaming home of movies from AMC Networks Film Group — which includes IFC Films, IFC Midnight and RLJE Films — in the “Pay 1” window, following theatrical and digital distribution.

The films, premiering each Friday on AMC+, will stream 90 days after their initial theatrical release, but select titles will premiere day-and-date in both theaters and simultaneously on AMC+. IFC Films had previously held distribution pacts with Showtime and Hulu.

The new pact starts on May 6, with the streaming premiere of IFC Films’ “Clean,” starring Adrien Brody and RZA. “Clean” was released in theaters on January 28.

As part of the 52-week premiere strategy, the last Friday of each month — dubbed “The Final Friday” by AMC+ — will feature a horror film release from AMC Networks’ Shudder label. Shudder continues to acquire genre titles with the help of IFC Films and RLJE Films.

In taking AMC Networks Film Group’s output in house, the company hopes to further grow AMC+ as its flagship streaming destination; besides airing episodes of signature series like “The Walking Dead” early, as well as exclusive runs of series such as crime drama “Kin” and mystery “Ragdoll.”

The streaming service has also already dabbled in exclusive streaming movie premieres, running one a week through November and into December in 2021, including a couple of releases that were day-and-date with theatrical. That included the dark holiday feature “Silent Night” from RLJE Films, starring Keira Knightley and Matthew Goode. According to AMC, the slate “outperformed popular library title movies in both viewership and acquisition, with user engagement ranking among even the top original series on AMC+.”

IFC Films recently acquired seven films at the Sundance Film Festival, more than any other distributor, and picked up another seven at the SXSW Film Festival. Under this new deal, all 14 movies will eventually wind up on AMC+.

“Our members enjoy discovering and recommending the latest in television and film – as evidenced by tremendous engagement we saw around our Friday night film releases last year,” said Courtney Thomasma, general manager of AMC+, in a statement. “Expanding our film offering was the next logical step in continuing to serve and grow our audience.”

Besides “Clean” on May 6, upcoming premieres include revenge thriller “Catch the Fair One” on May 13, from director Josef Kubota Wladyka and executive produced by Darren Aronofsky; “Dual,” from writer/director Riley Stearns and starring Karen Gillan and Aaron Paul, on May 20 — and premiering just 35 days after its theatrical release by RLJE Films; and thriller “A Banquet,” from Shudder and IFC Midnight, directed by Ruth Paxton, on May 27.

Arianna Bocco, president of IFC Films, noted the company’s pioneering use of day-and-date VOD with theatrical: “For over two decades, IFC Films has lead the industry in developing diversified distribution strategies for independent cinema, bringing audiences the best in global and American independent film. We are proud to continue this history of innovation and give audiences more ways to discover our incredible library on AMC+.”

AMC Networks’ lineup of targeted streaming services includes AMC+, Acorn TV, Shudder, Sundance Now, ALLBLK and HIDIVE, newly acquired with the purchase of anime content distributor Sentai. AMC Networks reached more than 9 million paid streaming subscribers by the end of 2021, and has forecast between 20 million to 25 million paid subscribers across its streaming services by 2025.
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/ifc...es-1235240693/
Old 08-13-22, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Does anyone know how to get rid of movies under the continue watching tab? Every movie I watch stays on it forever. I'm using a firestick and this has to be the worst app I use.
Old 08-13-22, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil M.
Does anyone know how to get rid of movies under the continue watching tab? Every movie I watch stays on it forever. I'm using a firestick and this has to be the worst app I use.
I can't figure it out either, other than fast forwarding to the end.

Their apps are horrible. I mostly use on Apple TV, but have used on Firestick too.
"My Stuff" doesn't always carry over from one device to the other.
If I pause/stop something it often loses my spot if I come back to it later. And then if I finish it, it goes to continue watching at the place I stopped. I've started taking pics of my spot if I know I'm not getting back it until the next day.
If you go into the Episode list of a series, the progress bar on episodes is wrong, showing I've already watched brand new episodes.
Old 08-13-22, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I've tried the fast forward. It disappears but when I go back into the app, they reappear.
Old 11-20-22, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Man, that year fly by where I paid $19 for the year and my sub just renewed for the next year for $83 and some change, which is about $6 and some change per month. I don't believe there's any special deals out there for AMC+ and doing it this way is actually cheaper than going through Amazon since Amazon charges you $8.99 per month with no yearly option. If you were to subscribe through Amazon that's like $25 or so more expensive for the year.
Old 11-21-22, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

E-mail asking to cancel and they'll offer to drop that $83 to $60 for the year.

I still hate the app and the lack of 5.1, but $5 a month, I'll give it another year to improve, at the very least, I get my Shudder fix.
Spiderbite (04-20-23)
Old 11-23-22, 08:55 AM

For months my account has said "annual subscription renews on 11/20/23". I don't know why, but I figured it must've been an error or I signed up for some longer deal than I thought, so I didnt cancel it since it seemed be good for another year. Then I saw the charge on my card. I sent them an email to cancel and refund. If they offer me a lower rate maybe I'll consider keeping.

Last edited by dex14; 11-23-22 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-23-22, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
Where do locate AMC account info

I subscribed to AMC plus sometime last year on one of their specials. I logged into my account and went to where it says "Account" and "Subscription" right next to it. It says I'm under the annual plan that will renew 11/26/23. I signed up for the annual plan under a black Friday special last year. It should be expiring but it says my next billing date is 11/26/23. I haven't been billed on any of my credit cards yet for 2022. I tried to see if they have any credit card on file, but I can't tell. The only option is to update my credit card, but no where does it say what the last four numbers are that they may have on file. Is there somewhere else I should be looking on the AMC Plus website? There isn't even a telephone support number to call that I can see. Anyone else have issues with how very little the account info is displayed?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.