Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Best/Worst sports streaming services?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-16, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Best/Worst sports streaming services?

BEST:
MLB.TV- Has replay's from the past two seasons(plus current season). Watching every out of market game with DVR features. Can link local team broadcasts to present and past games. One fault-Blank commercial blanks. Don't know why these aren't removed on replays(maybe because of radio links).

Watch ESPN-Has a lot of games you normally don't find on the ESPN networks. Replays usually are good for a week. Plenty of stuff too watch on the weekends.

NHL.TV-It used too be really good until MLB took over their streaming service. Commerical breaks are in every game since that happened(game replays were commercial free before the takeover). Plus NHL Fault is no longer around(older selected NHL games). You can also get the radio broadcast of the current game but you can't link it to the video of the game.

NFL Game Pass-Replays from current and past seasons(Roku device goes back to 2012 season). No replays available during Monday Night NFL games . Radio broadcasts of current and past seasons available on most devices(not available on Roku). The out of town scores are supposed to be removed for the upcoming season(not sure of this includes Roku).

NBA League Pass Enabled-The NBA seems too be behind the times as compared too other services. Only the current season is available(including NBA Classic games). Radio broadcasts available(of live games only) and not available on Roku.

WORST:
Fox Sports Go-A very slim selection of sports from ESPN's main competitor.

MILB TV-Minor League Baseball TV. Most games are watchable ,however one team ,Las Vegas 51's has only one camera angle. Isn't available on Roku.

Ones that I would like too get sooner or later:
MLS Live-I have Direct TV's MLS Direct Kick but games are only shown live.

AHL-Very expensive. Last time I looked it was over 300 dollars for a season. I have read where a lot of broadcasts are poorly shown.

One's that I would like more information:
What soccer streaming services out there that covers Pro Soccer besides MLS?

Any streaming services that cover Pro Hockey(other than North America)?

Last edited by dvd-4-life; 07-09-16 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-09-16, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Best/Worst sports streaming services?

can you still watch the NFL(DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket?) in your PS3/4? It's very limited, I know, but that's an option. And expensive of course.

In livesoccertv.com they show some options for streaming soccer from international leagues.