Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk
Reload this Page >

What subscription streaming services do you have?

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio
View Poll Results: What subscription streaming services do you have?
Netflix
75.51%
Hulu
53.06%
Amazon Prime
65.31%
HBO Now
26.53%
Showtime Anywhere
14.29%
Sling TV
2.04%
Playstation Vue
0%
CBS All-Access
6.12%
Acorn TV (UK TV shows)
8.16%
Shudder (Horror Service)
4.08%
Warner Archive
6.12%
DramaFever (Korean and Asian TV/Movies)
0%
Starz via Amazon
2.04%
Full Moon Streaming
0%
Screambox (Horror service)
0%
Pandora (Music)
4.08%
Spotify (Music)
14.29%
WWE Network (Wrestling)
18.37%
Crunchmyroll (Anime)
4.08%
Con TV
2.04%
Funimation (Anime)
4.08%
Other - Not listed (please mention)
14.29%
None -- Just don't have the time or finances to subscribe
2.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

What subscription streaming services do you have?

Old 02-16-16, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 803 Likes on 593 Posts
Re: What subscription streaming services do you have?

I just have Netflix and Hulu (Commercial Free version aka the greatest thing since sliced bread).
Old 02-18-16, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Netflix
Amazon Prime
Hulu
Showtime Anywhere via satellite
HBO Now
Old 02-18-16, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Netflix
Amazon (through Prime)
VUDU (Not subscription but I have 500+ movies through them)

Charter Spectrum TV: I have been resisting Charter's calls to go from just their internet and streaming to going back to cable boxes. Long story...July 2014 they wanted to up my bill from $140 to $190...I said no way and dropped their TV service, just keeping their internet for $60/mo.

They called me 2 days ago with their new service..Spectrum TV:

All local channels: CBS, NBC, ABC and 25 or so more national channels (History, ESPN, etc.)
Free ROKU 3: I can keep it when/if I cancel.
HBO or Showtime: I chose HBO
$19.99 per month, permanent price.

I took it...we'll see how it is...HBO alone is like $10-$15 a month and I've never had that...so it will be nice. My bill will go from $60/mo (just internet) to $80. Should be worth it.
Old 02-18-16, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by FiveO
Netflix
Amazon (through Prime)
VUDU (Not subscription but I have 500+ movies through them)

Charter Spectrum TV: I have been resisting Charter's calls to go from just their internet and streaming to going back to cable boxes. Long story...July 2014 they wanted to up my bill from $140 to $190...I said no way and dropped their TV service, just keeping their internet for $60/mo.

They called me 2 days ago with their new service..Spectrum TV:

All local channels: CBS, NBC, ABC and 25 or so more national channels (History, ESPN, etc.)
Free ROKU 3: I can keep it when/if I cancel.
HBO or Showtime: I chose HBO
$19.99 per month, permanent price.

I took it...we'll see how it is...HBO alone is like $10-$15 a month and I've never had that...so it will be nice. My bill will go from $60/mo (just internet) to $80. Should be worth it.
Sounds like a smoking good deal. Provided of course "permanent price" means the same to them as it does to us.
Old 02-18-16, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Currently have Netflix, Hulu (commercial free), Prime and WWE Network until Wrestlemania. I have tried Sling and think it is a good concept but the streaming wasn't very good, maybe I'll give it another chance in a few months. Charter gave me the same deal which included the Roku 3. I tried it for a month but cancelled. I don't really have a need for local channels since I have an antenna but they were charging an additional $6 or so as an added broadcast fee plus other misc. taxes and fees. It seems like cable always does that and I just don't want to deal with it anymore.
Old 02-19-16, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I pay for Netflix and Hulu (no ads). Amazon Prime is a bonus since I only care about shipping and occasional deals; hardly ever use the service. I leech of my parents HBO Go, Showtime Anytime and Starz. Gf pays for Spotify.
Old 02-19-16, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 132 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Crunchmyroll (Anime)

We pay for Netflix, Hulu (commercial-free), and Amazon, and we use the ad-supported versions of Crunchyroll and Pandora regularly.
Old 02-19-16, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by BrewCrew
Charter gave me the same deal which included the Roku 3. I tried it for a month but cancelled. I don't really have a need for local channels since I have an antenna but they were charging an additional $6 or so as an added broadcast fee plus other misc. taxes and fees. It seems like cable always does that and I just don't want to deal with it anymore.
I was thinking that very same thing when I saw that 'deal' for $20 for a base package to incl HBO. Cable 'offers' are NEVER what they claim. DirecTV keeps sending me come-ons for their $20 package. But then it's, oh you want to watch this in HD? that's another $10. You want a DVR? Silly you, that's another $10. And we have fees, oh yes we have fees. And pretty soon that $20 package is almost $60 with no premiums.

This is why I do not have cable/satellite but subscribe to all these streaming packages. At least there is one price that's stated clearly up front & you don't get trapped into a 2 year contract with deceptive tactics.
Old 02-19-16, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Netflix and Amazon prime. But I get HBO, Showtime, Starz etc online free with my DirecTV subscription.
Old 02-19-16, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie W
I was thinking that very same thing when I saw that 'deal' for $20 for a base package to incl HBO. Cable 'offers' are NEVER what they claim. DirecTV keeps sending me come-ons for their $20 package. But then it's, oh you want to watch this in HD? that's another $10. You want a DVR? Silly you, that's another $10. And we have fees, oh yes we have fees. And pretty soon that $20 package is almost $60 with no premiums.

This is why I do not have cable/satellite but subscribe to all these streaming packages. At least there is one price that's stated clearly up front & you don't get trapped into a 2 year contract with deceptive tactics.
Exactly. I looked at getting a Comcast package at $89.95 a month---with all the fees and extra charges, it would have been $139. I signed up for Sling TV streaming for $19.99 a month, and that's what they charge.