Community
Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Fandango Buys M-GO

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-16, 05:34 AM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts
Fandango Buys M-GO

This could be interesting. I hope they're not just using it as a promo to sell movie tickets. M-GO's a decent streaming service. But I'd like to see them improve the video quality and add more titles to their catalog. And it would be nice if they were DMA-compatible.

Fandango Gets Into the Streaming Business With Acquisition of M-GO

Fandango, the ticket-selling website owned by NBCUniversal, said Friday it has acquired M-GO, a provider of movies and TV shows for streaming that was founded as a joint venture between DreamWorks Animation and Technicolor.

Fandango said it will incorporate M-GO into its "super ticket" strategy, whereby moviegoers pay extra for perks. In one past promotion, for example, someone purchasing a ticket to see The Divergent Series: Insurgent at a theater also got a digital download of the original Divergent.

In the past, Fandango would issue a promo code for redeeming a digital copy at a third party like Vudu, though now Fandango will be able to offer a similar product via its own M-GO, which will eventually be rebranded to reflect Fandango's ownership.

-----

For now, users of M-GO likely won't notice any changes, as they'll still purchase and rent movies on-demand as before.

READ MORE - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...isition-860509
Old 02-01-16, 08:32 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Fandango Buys M-GO

Eh, I signed up and linked my UV library to it. I guess it could be a good alternative to Vudu, but it has a long ways to go before it can directly compete with Vudu or other streaming services. Their app sucks big time right now, so maybe Fandango will build something a lot better.

And while that may be a perk, to get a free digital download, I would think fans who buy tickets to the next Divergent movie will more than likely have the previous movies already, and probably on digital.
Old 02-01-16, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

^ Speaking of which, that just reminded me that I meant to short Lionsgate stock first thing this morning. Dammit.
Old 02-05-16, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
^ Speaking of which, that just reminded me that I meant to short Lionsgate stock first thing this morning. Dammit.
I just needed to throw in

This deal should effectively put an end to Flixster as well, which is fine since that's a terrible service.
Old 04-01-16, 11:26 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

So it looks like M-Go is now officially FandangoNOW. They're running a $3 off any purchase until 04/14. Code is NOW16.