Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Fandango at Home (Vudu) Thread - News, Bargains & Codes

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-19, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
Is there still any kind of discount for doing 10 movies at once?
Nope.
Old 01-02-19, 02:20 AM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts

https://www.watchvudu.com/dealoftheday/
Old 01-02-19, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyc3742
How often does Vudu lose rights to content, especially content they have "sold"? I have recently started utilizing my digital codes, so i still have the discs, but with these sales I've also bought some stuff. Some are duplicates of stuff I have on disk, others aren't, and I know I can download (with some conditions). Just curious what people's experiences have been with losing rights to content you have "purchased".
I haven't dived into the D2D yet although I tried testing a few titles today.
In my experience, it's infrequent, but it happens. I was going through some of my digital codes to redeem them, and the first season of Mr Robot was not on the Vudu site. Fortunately I had already redeemed it, and I can find it in my collection, but other people can't buy it now. I've also seen some canceled TV shows (e.g., Rise) live on the service for a while then disappear, I assume because they found some streaming or syndication deal somewhere. The recent Jesus Christ Superstar with John Legend also disappeared from purchase services, but other "live" musicals like Grease are still available.

Long story short: If you purchased it, you will most likely still have it in your collection, but if it's something you want but are dragging your feet on, you might end up out of luck.

Another code I tried to redeem was Touch of Evil, which was rejected by MA as expired (which it technically was, but that's often not a problem with MA). It's not on Vudu but is still on iTunes.

Another thing I've seen is titles switching SKUs. There was a free season of Dragon Ball Z being offered, and I was sure I already had it, but I was getting the option to buy. Sure enough, it was already in my collection, but the new SKU (the one now active on the service) was not reflecting my ownership. That can be kind of a boobytrap leading a customer to purchase something more than once if they're not aware.
Old 01-02-19, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
FYI. The Bear Who Slept Through Christmas is only 26 minutes long (can't speak to its quality, though)
Old 01-02-19, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Received 1,835 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by funkyryno
FYI. The Bear Who Slept Through Christmas is only 26 minutes long (can't speak to its quality, though)
I can! I'm watching it right now! It's narrated by Casey Casem and is quite old-fashioned, and that's all you need to know.

Ironically, I watched Amityville 3D last night. Wish I'd known about this promo earlier, and I would have waited.
Old 01-02-19, 07:08 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 914 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurt D
I can! I'm watching it right now! It's narrated by Casey Casem and is quite old-fashioned, and that's all you need to know.

Ironically, I watched Amityville 3D last night. Wish I'd known about this promo earlier, and I would have waited.
I let it play with volume off on pc. Did other stuff. Think I got it...
Old 01-02-19, 07:30 PM

If anyone likes those old 70's Disaster movies, I recommend When Time Ran Out. It has an excellent cast. Unfortunately, it's only SD. But the video is widescreen OAR and looks pretty good.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Ran-Out/341764
Old 01-02-19, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I watched Get Smart, which was a nice surprise when I saw it in theaters way back in the day.
Old 01-02-19, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Received 1,835 Likes on 1,230 Posts

If anyone likes those old 70's Disaster movies, I recommend When Time Ran Out. It has an excellent cast. Unfortunately, it's only SD. But the video is widescreen OAR and looks pretty good.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Ran-Out/341764
Sweet! Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 01-02-19, 08:51 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

I’d recommend Speed Racer, don’t understand the hate on this film, it’s wonderful.
Old 01-02-19, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

I liked Speed Racer when I saw it a few years ago.
My recommendation from that list is Run Lola Run (Lola Rennt). This is one I watch every couple years. Great soundtrack too. It's 80 minutes.
And has Franka Potente. I won't say I didn't have a thing for her, because I did (do?).

Thanks for the tips on the rights. That's basically my concern - will I still have access to the stuff I had codes for, or bought? If I didn't activate a code by the date, that's on me (although I've been surprised with how many codes are active past their theoretical expiry date.)

Does Amazon link with Vudu? I was just browsing movies on Amazon and it said "You own this title". Went into my Video Library and most if not all of my Vudu content is in that library. There's some content - TV shows - that are in my Amazon library but not Vudu. So confused.

Last edited by tonyc3742; 01-02-19 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-02-19, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Whenever they do those promos, I just let one play on my Roku then go do other stuff. I get the credit since it still played all the way through.
Old 01-03-19, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by tonyc3742
Thanks for the tips on the rights. That's basically my concern - will I still have access to the stuff I had codes for, or bought? If I didn't activate a code by the date, that's on me (although I've been surprised with how many codes are active past their theoretical expiry date.)

Does Amazon link with Vudu? I was just browsing movies on Amazon and it said "You own this title". Went into my Video Library and most if not all of my Vudu content is in that library. There's some content - TV shows - that are in my Amazon library but not Vudu. So confused.
It doesn't matter if you got the movie though a code, or you bought it. Once you Own it, it will remain in your Library forever.

Amazon and Vudu link through Movies Anywhere. Have you created a Movies Anywhere account and linked all the retailers? Eligible movies in your Vudu Library will transfer to Amazon, iTunes, FandangoNow, Microsoft Store (Xbox), and Google Play.
Old 01-03-19, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts

Amazon and Vudu link through Movies Anywhere. Have you created a Movies Anywhere account and linked all the retailers? Eligible movies in your Vudu Library will transfer to Amazon, iTunes, FandangoNow, Microsoft Store (Xbox), and Google Play.
Also Xfinity now.

https://moviesanywhere.com/settings/connect
Old 01-03-19, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by davidh777
Hoping for a good sale on Brooklyn 99 before the new season starts. I was not thrilled with the three-for-$25 one they had a while ago, and by the time I decided to pull the trigger it had expired.
Mix and match three for $14.99!

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Whenever they do those promos, I just let one play on my Roku then go do other stuff. I get the credit since it still played all the way through.
I figure that's what most of us do, but I still prefer a quality film I can glance at.
Old 01-03-19, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Just noticed Halloween 78 is finally for purchase on Vudu. ON sale this week too for $8
Old 01-03-19, 04:18 PM

got my 20% off already. that and the other will make the next purchase nice...
Old 01-03-19, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK. Yes I linked everything. I did it in time to get the 3 free movies. Don't care about Happy Feet, but the Martian is good, and I had just bought F&F 1-7 that came with codes, so getting 8 was nice. I just didn't know Amazon was included.
I just let the stuff play on Wed as well but there was some decent stuff in the selection
Got my code today. Of course over the last 3 weeks I've bought 3 big bundles. But still shopping to be done
Old 01-03-19, 11:56 PM

$4.99 Weekend Deals: New Year, New Fear

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/collection/content/499-Weekend-Deals-New-Year-New-Fear/30219
Old 01-07-19, 09:26 AM

Can you no longer edit an email from an invitation that was sent to share Vudu a long time ago? i know you can't add and share anymore, but i thought there was a way of editing an email so i can share with someone else. is that no longer possible either?
Old 01-08-19, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Can you no longer edit an email from an invitation that was sent to share Vudu a long time ago? i know you can't add and share anymore, but i thought there was a way of editing an email so i can share with someone else. is that no longer possible either?
anyone on the above?
Old 01-08-19, 04:34 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone on the above?
I believe the only thing you can do is delete.
Old 01-08-19, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by cydeweyz
I believe the only thing you can do is delete.
well, that blows. thanks.
Old 01-09-19, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Was Deal of the Day only for December? It seems they didn't activate till late in the day, and I'm not seeing one now.

I used the 20% off from last week's to save 16$ off S1-8 of Bob's Burgers. I have S9 from the Amazon thing a while back.

Between a few bundle purchases over the holidays, and using digital codes I still had around, I have way too much stuff on Vudu now. And as much as I have been a proponent of discs for various reasons, I am a convert to digital now (as long as I get to keep my stuff.) Sale prices help - I would not be a fan of the digital marketplace being kept high "just because". (I feel the same way about digital download video games - I wish there was a way to resell, trade, transfer, or return digital content.)
I'll admit, Vudu makes it easy to use, so that helps.
Only bad thing is SD really doesn't look that good. (the only thing I've got in SD is Buffy the vampire slayer, and it didn't look great on DVD either, on a 65 inch screen. Oh, and Green Lantern - but it could be argued that wouldn't look good even in UHD.)
The only code that hasn't worked is Earth to Echo.

(Weird thing semi-related - I ordered Fast and Furious 1-7 bundle from Amazon, blu ray with digital, over Christmas - I got a package labeled Blu Ray, but when I opened it, it was actually DVD. Weird. They got the return today and they had already sent me a replacement that actually ended up being bd/digital - and Vudu gave F8 for linking stuff.)
Old 01-09-19, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You and your 'friends' emails are stored in myuv.com site. Access it and click on settings, you should see the persons you've shared your UV with together with their email addresses. The fix before was just to change the email address to one of your friends. They then access Vudu with this email address and they'll have the UV library shared. Haven't done this lately but you can certainly try.

Did it work? If it still does, and if anyone with over 500 UV titles is interested, we can probably share and expand our titles while UV is still around. My UV indicates I have 597 titles. PM me if interested.

Last edited by DVDGamer; 01-10-19 at 06:53 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.