Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk
Reload this Page >

The Fandango at Home (Vudu) Thread - News, Bargains & Codes

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Fandango at Home (Vudu) Thread - News, Bargains & Codes

Old 12-30-18, 07:20 PM
  #3251  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,449
Received 529 Likes on 377 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I would have gotten just one of the guys as its a guilty pleasure and not available on blu but it's $13.99 for HDX. F that.
The titles load a couple hours early. The prices won't drop until the sale officially starts at Midnight PST. And sometimes it takes a few extra hours for the sale prices to load into the system. So it may not happen until tomorrow morning.
Old 12-30-18, 08:10 PM
  #3252  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,285
Received 1,208 Likes on 928 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Yeah, new low prices have not loaded up yet. There's a handful of good shit.

Last edited by Why So Blu?; 12-30-18 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-30-18, 08:12 PM
  #3253  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 25,295
Likes: 0
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
The titles load a couple hours early. The prices won't drop until the sale officially starts at Midnight PST. And sometimes it takes a few extra hours for the sale prices to load into the system. So it may not happen until tomorrow morning.
That's good. i have my eye on Bone Tomahawk too.
Old 12-30-18, 08:32 PM
  #3254  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 52,834
Received 1,053 Likes on 867 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by kahuna
There is no limit if your using the vudu2go program on your PC.
No Blu-ray drive, unfortunately. Though if I had one, I wonder if it would recognize and accept the individual discs in those Warner cheapie three-packs I was buying a while back.

Originally Posted by Decker
Man those are some truly shitty titles in the 48 hour sale.
Yeah, if it weren’t a digital sale, I’d have thought they were clearing out slow-moving stock.
Old 12-30-18, 09:04 PM
  #3255  
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator
 
Kurt D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Posts: 14,647
Received 1,921 Likes on 1,281 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

When the Egon Schiele movie is the most enticing title ...
Old 12-30-18, 11:55 PM
  #3256  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 6,721
Received 364 Likes on 216 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by davidh777
No Blu-ray drive, unfortunately. Though if I had one, I wonder if it would recognize and accept the individual discs in those Warner cheapie three-packs I was buying a while back.
You never know. The Action Double Feature Clint Eastwood blu-ray i have. Comes with Dirty Harry & Magnum Force blu-rays in the case. When I put the Magnum Force Blu-ray in my Blu-ray drive using the vudu2go desktop program. It lets me pick all five Dirty Harry Movies (Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, Sudden Impact, & The Dead Pool) & convert them to HDX.
Old 12-31-18, 09:03 AM
  #3257  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,702
Received 658 Likes on 456 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by kahuna
You never know. The Action Double Feature Clint Eastwood blu-ray i have. Comes with Dirty Harry & Magnum Force blu-rays in the case. When I put the Magnum Force Blu-ray in my Blu-ray drive using the vudu2go desktop program. It lets me pick all five Dirty Harry Movies (Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, Sudden Impact, & The Dead Pool) & convert them to HDX.
It's probably because Magnum Force was part of the Dirty Harry Collection, and not available separately, so VUDU figured anyone with that disc had the whole collection, not accounting for the double feature set.

I've had a few instances where a single disc from a box set allowed for activating all the movies in that box set.

Aside from that, combo sets typically use the same discs as individual releases, so even if it's a three pack of disparate movies, each disc is probably the same as the individual release of that movie, and thus each disc will be recognized.
Old 12-31-18, 09:05 AM
  #3258  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 25,295
Likes: 0
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

There appears to be more to the sale than on the 48 hour link. For example, the banner shows Big but when you click on it, it's not on the list. But if you look up Big, it's only $3.75. I wonder if there is a more complete list somewhere.
Old 12-31-18, 09:20 AM
  #3259  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,702
Received 658 Likes on 456 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
There appears to be more to the sale than on the 48 hour link. For example, the banner shows Big but when you click on it, it's not on the list. But if you look up Big, it's only $3.75. I wonder if there is a more complete list somewhere.
JustWatch has a way to search Vudu by various filters, including price. For example, here's a list of all HD titles to buy for $5 or less on Vudu right now:
https://www.justwatch.com/us/provide...uy&max_price=5
Old 12-31-18, 09:29 AM
  #3260  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,702
Received 658 Likes on 456 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

The Hannibal TV series is a crazy good deal on Vudu right now. Season 1 is $1, Season 2 is $2, and Season 3 is $5, so you can have the complete series for only $8.
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...eason-1/430439
Old 12-31-18, 09:57 AM
  #3261  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 25,295
Likes: 0
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Jay G.
JustWatch has a way to search Vudu by various filters, including price. For example, here's a list of all HD titles to buy for $5 or less on Vudu right now:
https://www.justwatch.com/us/provide...uy&max_price=5
Very helpful, thanks.
Old 12-31-18, 10:06 AM
  #3262  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
JoeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Banned
Posts: 2,482
Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Jay G.
JustWatch has a way to search Vudu by various filters, including price. For example, here's a list of all HD titles to buy for $5 or less on Vudu right now:
https://www.justwatch.com/us/provide...uy&max_price=5
That is a great app or site.I like that you can search by ratings also and easy to use.Going to buy Darwin and few others. thanks
Old 12-31-18, 10:25 AM
  #3263  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 52,834
Received 1,053 Likes on 867 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Jay G.
It's probably because Magnum Force was part of the Dirty Harry Collection, and not available separately, so VUDU figured anyone with that disc had the whole collection, not accounting for the double feature set.

I've had a few instances where a single disc from a box set allowed for activating all the movies in that box set.

Aside from that, combo sets typically use the same discs as individual releases, so even if it's a three pack of disparate movies, each disc is probably the same as the individual release of that movie, and thus each disc will be recognized.
Yeah, that's why I figure those three-packs would probably be recognized as individual discs whereas the UPC is not. But it's not worth it for me to buy a BD drive just to save a few bucks on disc conversion.
Old 12-31-18, 10:39 AM
  #3264  
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator
 
Kurt D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Posts: 14,647
Received 1,921 Likes on 1,281 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Jay G.
JustWatch has a way to search Vudu by various filters, including price. For example, here's a list of all HD titles to buy for $5 or less on Vudu right now:
https://www.justwatch.com/us/provide...uy&max_price=5
Big ups for sharing this!
Old 12-31-18, 10:39 AM
  #3265  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 6,288
Received 231 Likes on 159 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Hell of site right there. Definitely going to be using that going forward. Thanks.

The list is still pretty shitty or I already have most of the titles.
Old 12-31-18, 12:48 PM
  #3266  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 6,721
Received 364 Likes on 216 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
That's good. i have my eye on Bone Tomahawk too.
It dropped to $2.99 (HDX).
Old 12-31-18, 12:52 PM
  #3267  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,449
Received 529 Likes on 377 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Jay G.
The Hannibal TV series is a crazy good deal on Vudu right now. Season 1 is $1, Season 2 is $2, and Season 3 is $5, so you can have the complete series for only $8.
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...eason-1/430439
You can save a buck and buy Hannibal: The Complete Series (Bundle) for $6.99

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Bundle-/733758
Old 12-31-18, 12:53 PM
  #3268  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,285
Received 1,208 Likes on 928 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Scooped up Bone Tomahawk for $2.99.
Old 12-31-18, 01:02 PM
  #3269  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,449
Received 529 Likes on 377 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Here's some of the titles missing from the sale. This was posted over at the Blu-ray.com Forum:

$3.75 - Big
$3.75 - I, Robot
$3.75 - Jolene
$3.75 - Fort Bliss
$3.50 - 360
$3.25 - Mothers & Daughters
$3.25 - Vehicle 19 (Paul Walker)
$2.50 - A Bronx Tale
$2.50 - Goon 2: Last of the Enforcers
$2.50 - Brimstone
$2.50 - Fun Mom Dinner
$1.99 - Cardboard Boxer
$0.99 - Flowers in the Attic
Old 12-31-18, 01:40 PM
  #3270  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,702
Received 658 Likes on 456 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by davidh777
Yeah, that's why I figure those three-packs would probably be recognized as individual discs whereas the UPC is not. But it's not worth it for me to buy a BD drive just to save a few bucks on disc conversion.
Probably not. However, have you checked eBay or Craigslist for used ones? Do you own a tower you could put/replace a 5.25" drive in? On eBay I see some used internal 5.25" Blu-ray drives for around $25. If you'd save around $3 a disc, that's just 9 discs before you start saving.

BTW, I'd go with a used name brand drive than a new no-name drive from China.
Old 12-31-18, 02:26 PM
  #3271  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 25,295
Likes: 0
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Here's some of the titles missing from the sale. This was posted over at the Blu-ray.com Forum:

$3.75 - Big
$3.75 - I, Robot
$3.75 - Jolene
$3.75 - Fort Bliss
$3.50 - 360
$3.25 - Mothers & Daughters
$3.25 - Vehicle 19 (Paul Walker)
$2.50 - A Bronx Tale
$2.50 - Goon 2: Last of the Enforcers
$2.50 - Brimstone
$2.50 - Fun Mom Dinner
$1.99 - Cardboard Boxer
$0.99 - Flowers in the Attic
Thanks. In for Brimstone (love Guy Pearce) and Bronx Tale (which I've actually never seen.)
Old 12-31-18, 04:51 PM
  #3272  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Posts: 18,303
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by kahuna
It dropped to $2.99 (HDX).
Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Scooped up Bone Tomahawk for $2.99.
Thanks, I used my 10% off code to get this for $2.69.
Old 12-31-18, 04:57 PM
  #3273  
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator
 
Kurt D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Posts: 14,647
Received 1,921 Likes on 1,281 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Thanks, I used my 10% off code to get this for $2.69.
Niiice ...
Old 12-31-18, 05:46 PM
  #3274  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 25,295
Likes: 0
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
You can save a buck and buy Hannibal: The Complete Series (Bundle) for $6.99

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Bundle-/733758
Blind bought it. Heard good things.
Old 12-31-18, 06:08 PM
  #3275  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,285
Received 1,208 Likes on 928 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

47 Meters Down is only $1.99 in HDX.

Future World is .99cents in HDX.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.