Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Does CDnow keep anything in stock anymore?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Does CDnow keep anything in stock anymore?

Old 04-10-01, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About 13 months ago, CDnow for one reason or anyother, turned my gift certificate credit (which I had accumulated legitimately) from around $60-80 to -$21 in store credit. i don't know how they come up with negative store credit, but they did. Anyway, about 1 month ago, my account was fixed (I would check it every week or so) and I now have around $35 in credit, not what I'm supposed to have, but dfeinitely better than nothing. Anyway, I was looking to use it (without using any actual money, just store credit) but every single thing I looked for was listed as "backorder." The last time I used them was around 1/2000, and they actually kept stuff in stock, at least a little. But it seems it will be forever before I get anything. Thanks for any info.
Old 04-11-01, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 358 Likes on 210 Posts
I also had some store credit and a $10 coupon so I ordered The Natural 2 days before street date. It shipped out one day (wed) after the street date and arrived the following Monday.

Kahuna
Old 04-11-01, 12:10 PM

One thing I know for sure, CDNow rarely keeps any Anime titles in stock. Most of the time, they don't even seem to try to get them for you. Most of my anime preorders got cancelled after their usual email:

"Unfortunately, after making every effort, we were unable to obtain the following backordered item:
......"

Mind you, these preorders went on backorder status right on the release date. I have no problem getting the same titles elsewhere.

On the other hand, my orders of any other titles besides anime genre, even though on backorder, got shipped within a week.

[Edited by vernie on 04-11-01 at 09:30 AM]
Old 04-11-01, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So their pre-orders are almost on time, at least in this case. . .I wonder if that means backorder might be just a 2-3 day kind of thing. . .if that's the case, that's not too bad. But if it's typically 2-3 weeks, I'll probably go for a preorder.

thanks for the info