Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Express.com not answering the phone?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Express.com not answering the phone?

Old 04-10-01, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been trying to call their toll free number (1-888-383-9700) for a few days now, but to no avail. I keep getting a "person not available" message when trying to reach someone from customer service. My order was messed up (ordered 2 copies of a DVD, got invoiced and charged for 2 copies, but only received 1), and they don't seem to answer their emails either. What can I do?
Old 04-10-01, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well. if you are unabe to get a hold of them contact you credit card company. they can tell you how to dispute the charges to your card.

How long have you been waiting to hear from them by email?

maybe someone here has another way to conatct them.
Old 04-11-01, 10:34 AM

I've been waiting several days for an email reply. I guess I'll wait a few more and then dispute the charges. It's just ridiculous that such a big online store's customer service is impossible to reach. It goes without saying that I'm never ordering from them again.
Old 04-13-01, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They may not have any employees to answer the phone anymore.

And you may not need to worry about "not ordering from them"
Old 04-15-01, 03:45 PM

I called them the friday before last week and they answered the phone. I was going to cancel my order and the CSR said to call back Monday because they were upgrading the system. I just got the cancellation note because my order could not be transfer into the new system. that took care of my problem.

Old 04-16-01, 11:00 PM

I think they sold their phones on Ebay...

Next week will be all the credit card numbers of their customers...
Old 04-18-01, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

they don't answer their email either. dispute whatever you can.
Old 04-18-01, 12:03 PM

I haven't been following Express's saga too much, but chances are, they're dead. I have an open order that never got shipped because they didn't get Wonder Boys in for the longest time.

That "We are upgrading..." stuff. It's a cover up. I've seen it a ton of times from dotcoms that were going out of business and were hanging on day by day trying to find new funding.

Bitter! As I still have a nearly full book of express.com coupons and somewhat wondering about whether I should just grab Ben Hur, Wonder Boys, and The Rock:CC from somewhere else, thought none of those are at preorder prices anymore.
Old 04-18-01, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The original post by DVDwatcher was on April 10, before Geoff's warning to not buy from Express (on April 12).

DVDwatcher, what happened? Did you ever receive your second DVD? If not, what happened when you called your credit card company?
Old 04-18-01, 02:21 PM
oblio

I have been trying to place an order with them for the past month! The ONLY reason I am using them is I got a 25 dollar GF from someplace to them and now my order has been wiped clean with their "update" (BS) and my GF removed. As you know, the phone # doesn't work and I don't get any response via email. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 04-19-01, 12:31 AM

Originally posted by msharkm
I think they sold their phones on Ebay...

Next week will be all the credit card numbers of their customers...
Lol, I really enjoyed that
Old 04-19-01, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,351 Likes on 916 Posts
maybe because they don't pay their bills. if they can't pay their distributors, how they hell should anyone expect them to pay their workers or phone bills.
Old 04-19-01, 09:15 AM

Originally posted by oblio
I have been trying to place an order with them for the past month! The ONLY reason I am using them is I got a 25 dollar GF from someplace to them and now my order has been wiped clean with their "update" (BS) and my GF removed. As you know, the phone # doesn't work and I don't get any response via email. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
oblio,

What dollar amount to you put on your own time? You've probably wasted more than the $25. Move on. It's over.
Old 04-19-01, 05:59 PM
oblio

Originally posted by msharkm
Move on. It's over.
Feels like I am being dumped...I am moving on though, it is tough though! I have to take baby steps.