Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

800.com takes care of dvdtalk users

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

800.com takes care of dvdtalk users

Old 04-09-01, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wanted to share a recent experience I had with 800.com. I had purchased cowboy bebop 6 (anime) and other stuff using the msn 20% passport discount at the time. I had the dvd sitting on my shelf for a long time before I got around to watching it. As it turned out, the dvd was defective so I decided to call 800.com directly. Since it was already like 80 days since my purchase, 800.com initially said, "tough luck". I was a little disappointed by how they handled the situation but I guess they were legally correct? I ended emailing SteveA, one of the 800.com reps, who reads this board. He ended up sending another copy of the dvd and even provided a return label for the defective dvd. 800.com charged me for the new dvd but later credited my credit card once they received the bad dvd back. On the whole, I was pleased that 800.com took care of a dvdtalk forum user. I wonder how amazon would of handled the same situation...probably the same way but it's nice to know that 800.com customer service is on the same level as amazon's. Just thought I would share...

xl
Old 04-09-01, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok you've scared me. As soon as I get off work tonight I'm going to go home and test out all my unopened DVDs.
Old 04-10-01, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by khieng
Ok you've scared me. As soon as I get off work tonight I'm going to go home and test out all my unopened DVDs.
It is an issue, most etailers give you 30 days I believe. I had one bad one a while back and opened a bunch to make sure they all worked. In the end the bad disc was dirty and a major cleaning got it to work...

SteveA is great at helping out. He didn't need to do that but it's nice to hear that 800.com still has it's terrific customer service. I bought my wife a dvd system (HTIB)to replace her busted little stereo in our bedroom. They held the order for a day to confirm it was me (I ship to my work address) but they made sure it got here for her birthday. That was cool.