Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Order cancellation and promotional certificates

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Order cancellation and promotional certificates

Old 04-05-01, 03:06 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question folks

I had an order in for a DVD using a $10 promo, a $10 non promo, a $5 non promo and $3 credit.

I cancelled this order, and on cancellation noted that I only got $18 back in credit when I reorder another item.

I wrote an email to Amazon asking about this and they replied that this was normal and that the value of my promotional voucher was lost. This voucher hadn't expired.

Is this normal or am I being ripped off ???

Feedback appreciated.

Old 04-05-01, 10:23 AM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nope, this is not normal if the coupon didn't expire/temporary coupon (like $10 off ...). Just try sending another e-mail, sometimes you get the wrong rep or better, call them (and let us know how it worked out!)
Old 04-05-01, 11:34 AM

If you cancel an order on which you used a promotional GC, it will only be credited back to your account if it has not expired.

Most promo code sent by Amazon expires within a few weeks of issue.
Old 04-05-01, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
If your promo GC came by email and you still have that email, near the bottom of that message should say that any unused portion expires on the date the GC expires.... so if the GC didn't expire yet, I would assume that you should get credited back that amount. Ask them again... better yet... call them.
Old 04-05-01, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

you'll get your GC back, but you have to call and complain.
Old 04-05-01, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had this happen as well. When I called Amazon, I got a reasonably clueful customer representative who explained that the "promotional" part of the credit gets put in a special promotional account -- which you don't see when you check your GC balance. However, when you go to checkout on a new purchase, it should appear in the "You have $XX.XX in your promotional account, do you wish to use it?" box. This is because they now keep promotional and non-promotional GCs entirely separate, even after the promo has been partly used. You should probably call again and explain the situation and have them check it out though.