Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What's happening with giftcertificates.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

What's happening with giftcertificates.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-01, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have any info about giftcertificates.com. They have been out of GCs for many popular vendors for months. I have several supercertificates to redeem, and am willing to be reasonable, but they have been out of CDNOW for at least two months. Now out of borders.com and borders, Cooking.com, etc. I would take any of 10 or 12 different stores, but they are out of all of them with no date about receiving more. Management wont't tell customer service anything (as CS freely admits) Are they getting ready to go under? Having major cash flow problems and can't buy them? Have mailed the CEO, but I doubt he/she reads email. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-04-01, 05:35 AM

That's a very BAD sign. I checked and can confirm they are out of popular GCs except Sam Goody. Try for a refund. Also contact your state attorney and the BBB about getting a refund if they don't reply.
Old 04-04-01, 11:32 AM

Thanks, agitprop. I am considering exactly those courses of action. I feel a bit sorry for their CS people. I'm sure they are being beaten up by customers all day, and are being given no info at all to turn away wrath. Their management seems to be totally disinterested in honoring supercertificates, since they have already been paid for them, I suppose. That is clearly dishonest, and very close to fraud. And they somehow think they are going to attract employee reward business (they'll never get mine or that of anyone I influence). Normally I would chalk it up to a learning experience, but I am getting a bit annoyed by their total failure to pay attention.
Old 04-06-01, 07:58 PM

For your information, giftcertificates.com now has $50 CDNow gcs available again. It's about time. Have been waiting to redeem my second AT&T gc for ages. Also have restocked Borders gcs as well and Bigstar has paper gcs available in $25.

Of course, now that these are available, CDNow is out of stock of what I wanted. I have a bit of credit at CDNow from my first AT&T gc and figure I should get another $50 to add to it, but I really don't like CDNow too much. I am trying to finish getting all the Neon Genesis DVDs but they have been on backorder (except for #3) there for months and they have no idea when they may get them in again. Does anybody know generally how long it takes for CDNow to restock some of their "less popular" titles. CS was no help at all, having absolutely no clue whatsoever.
Old 04-07-01, 01:56 AM

Thanks for the heads-up re CDNow. I did get one GC there, but gave up a few days ago and redeemed the rest of my supercertificates for my wife to use at some rather-more-than-necessarily-upscale department stores. Oh well, it's good to share.