Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon - DPMG Priority?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon - DPMG Priority?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-01, 03:58 PM
seb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My DVDs have been shipped via DPMG Priority. Is that the same as Worldmail?
Old 04-10-01, 01:37 AM

DPGM

I'm in Canada, and my latest order from Amazon has been shipped via DPGM Xpress Post. Having never heard of "DPGM" before, I did a little research and found out that it stands for Deutsche Post Global Mail...

I haven't received my order yet, so I can't comment on the time it took. All my previous "WorldMail" orders from Amazon were shipped via Purolator, which would always avoid customs charges and duties. I have a bad feeling that I'll get hit with the customs charges this time around...
Old 04-10-01, 02:13 PM

Same here. I first noticed this one my order shipped last Tuesday, and I also got another shipping notice today...with DPMG Xpress.
After the first notice, I went and specifically put "PLEASE SHIP WITH PUROLATOR GROUND" in the gift message box on all my unshipped items on two orders. It seems that did nothing, judging from todays e-mail notice.
There is no tracking available with this service, and it seems that CanadaPost will deliver it on this side of the border (Montreal). Meaning $5 "handling fee", plus PST/GST on amazon's declared value. This is on TOP of amazon's crazy high shipping for dvd's (not to mention high prices for most titles after currency conversion).
I'm just wondering,if I refuse the parcel...RETURN TO SENDER...then call up amazon to re-ship my order using PUROLATOR, WILL IT WORK?
I e-mailed them stating the only reason us Canadians still buy dvd's from amazon is that they ship with customs friendly Purolator...I just hope they haven't dropped them for a cheaper courrier.
Old 04-11-01, 05:20 PM

Just received the first of MY DPMG orders today, and it came CanadaPost XPressPost......with no customs charges! It took about the same time to arrive as previous Purolator parcels, but didn't require a signature.
Old 04-12-01, 01:44 AM

That's very encouraging news, Dimo! I'm still waiting for mine... It shipped on Saturday, but with the upcoming holiday I probably won't get it until next week. It's a pretty large order, so if it also avoids customs it might mean that Amazon still cares about their Canadian customers.