Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Buy.com Really Sucks!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buy.com Really Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-01, 07:38 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have written to them twice about canceling 2 orders which they never shipped to me since they claim to not have stock and try and blame the distributor. When other sites have plenty of stock on these dvds. They said they can't cancel due to the discs being in the shipping stage. Thats bull they have been in the shipping stage for weeks now. I wrote them a letter telling them how I feel and they ignored it twice. Now I can't pick up the disc somewhere else because I know they will ship them someday. I hate this crap!!!

sorry needed to vent.

thanks
Old 03-27-01, 07:46 AM

Although I can't argue about your assessment about Buy.com, there are some things you CAN do.

First of all, ignore their processing stage catagories. If it has been a while, just go ahead and cancel. It takes them about 2 weeks to actually cancel your order as long as it is not in the shipping stage. If it says "in warehouse," just ignore it. If they ship you a copy after you cancel, they will take it back and credit your account.

I ordered A STAR IS BORN (1954) which was defective and requested a replacement immediately after I received it on streeet date. I waited nearly 2 months for this replacement and just got tired of waiting and just cancelled it and bought it elsewhere.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-27-01, 09:43 AM

AGoodManGoes,

I feel you pain about this. I waited about 3 months for Gladiator and 4 months for Gone in 60 Seconds.

I emailed them every 2 weeks asking for status. I ended up getting the DVDs for free because I was so angry that they took so long.

Also like the other guy said. There system of cancelling orders in horrible. It takes so long. I dont know why though, places like Amazon are so quick at being able to cancel an order.

My advice is dont order from buy.com again. They are screwed and going down very fast.

I am hoping non-bargain hunters are still shopping there and then help them turn a profit. Then maybe they could put out some coupons....Then maybe I would take a chance in ordering with them.
Old 03-27-01, 10:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by murpm3

Also like the other guy said. There system of cancelling orders in horrible. It takes so long. I dont know why though, places like Amazon are so quick at being able to cancel an order.
I believe Amazon is like DVDexpress and DVDempire, they own their own warehouse/shipping. Buy.com, Bigstar, TWEC (I think) all use a 3rd party warehouse so all they do is submit the order to the warehouse and then that company actually sends it out for them.
Old 03-27-01, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In a sense then the ability to easily change/cancel orders seems to be a value-added service. I know it is definitely the reason I order anything from amazon...
Old 03-27-01, 03:16 PM

Right on Stingo...Amazon has always had IMHO great customer service if a problem does arise.