Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy not price matching on-line stores...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Best Buy not price matching on-line stores...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-01, 12:58 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's amazing how a B&M Store won't price match with the online stores, but they'll let you use one of their products untill the one you order arrives, and then take the one you borrowed back. Good policy!

Don't they realize that they would be better off just giving me the price match? I mean, the way it is, they don't make the sale, plus they have to take back the opened/used product. Is this a good way to do business?
Old 03-25-01, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Indeed - was going to buy the Sony SA-WM subwoofer there - but they wouldn't match prices. So I ended up getting a KEF 35B sub online...
Old 03-25-01, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Let's not just list Best Buy....what store is going to price match with an online company who is not in direct competition with them??? I know Sears has done this in the past....we'll see how long that continues.....price matching is only considered between stores which are in direct competition with another store...Best Buy...Circuit City...etc....

Also.....many of these online stores are not making money to begin with and are closing their doors faster then new ones can replace them!!!! I for one do not wish this to happen to Best Buy or Circuit City as I believe they are in it for the long run and many of these online stores we currently use will go bust!!! Time will tell......I just feel it is unreasonable for us to expect a local B&M to price match an online company who is obviously selling a certain price at a loss!!! IMHO