Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDPlanet - any bad experiences ?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVDPlanet - any bad experiences ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-01, 02:35 AM
tcw
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I made an order for 4 DVDs from DVDPlanet in the first week of Feb, received an email confirmation for my order shortly after that.

After 4 weeks of total silence, I emailed to them to ask what was happening to my order (their website also conveniently states that there is no order tracking). No reply.

Emailed them again a few days later - no reply.

Sent them a 3rd email a few days later - again no reply.

Two weeks after my 3rd email, they finally replied, saying that as a first time customer, I had to fax them my credit card statement. I did so the following day, then sent them an email.

One week later - no reply.

Another week later, sent another email - no reply.

Then out of the blue, I received what was a rather personalised email from Lucas, apologising for the late reply, and assuring me that he would handle my order immediately, and ask me to confirm whether I wanted tyo ship to my home address (which was on my credit card statement). I replied within 10 min, saying that, OK ship to my home address.

One week later - no reply.

Another week, no reply.

Yesterday, I received the SAME email from Lucas, again asking me where to ship my order to. I again told him that I informed him TWO weeks ago to ship to my home address.

What do you think guys - should I give up on DVDPlanet forever, and any of you had this frustrating experience of being ignored by DVD Planet ?

What is your experience of ordering from DVDPlanet ?
Old 03-23-01, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I probably would have called them along time ago. I have always heard here that Dvdplanet was great and decided to try them, that was back in January and it was a big mistake.

Maybe they were good once?
Old 03-23-01, 03:47 AM

oops

Last edited by dvde; 08-01-01 at 05:10 AM.
Old 03-23-01, 03:51 AM

TCW- I forgot to include this. Call their 800# in the evening and ask Alex, he's one of the manager's and he will help you.

Last edited by dvde; 08-01-01 at 05:10 AM.
Old 03-24-01, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
I would suggest a call to them. When I called to find out where my Criterion Rock was, I got an response almost immediately and was told it had shipped that day.

I like these guys alot. Web site is still a little clunky though. Their web site states that e-mails are responded to generally within a week.

Give a call man...
Old 03-24-01, 04:02 PM

I had some bad experince with them. I've given my first order from dvd planet at the end of jan. I never got this order. I mailed them and they replied after more than 2 weeks and they said your order had been shipped. But they never billed me for this order and I did not get this dvd so I just forgot this order. After this first order, I've given 2 more orders last month. I got them in one week but because of first experience I decided not to order again. However, guess what happened? My credit card was charged from DVD planet last week. Amount was same as my third order.I mailed them about it but as expected, got any reply yet. But strange things continue.. A few days ago, I got a packet from DVDplanet!! They shipped dvds in my 3. order again after 1 month Not to bad Now I have 2 copies of some of my dvds but at least I have something in my hand to deal with them

[Edited by paranoid0 on 03-24-01 at 02:54 PM]
Old 03-24-01, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I sent them an email on March 5th, and I just got a reply today (which is sort of ironic since the email was complaining about how they never respond to my emails.)