Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscountDVD search function - does it ever work?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DeepDiscountDVD search function - does it ever work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-01, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've bought a couple DVDs from DDD, but one thing I have still not been able to get to work is the search on their web site! Every time I try to search for something, it just hangs.

The only way I've been able to find something is by laboriously going to the genre, clicking on the letter, and then clicking through the pages until I get to the movie I'm looking for. What a pain! (I also couldn't get the order form to work; the second time I ordered, I didn't even try, but ordered by phone instead).

Has anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions? I'm using the most recent version of Internet Explorer, and don't usually have problems with web sites (except DDD's!)
Old 03-22-01, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was just searching on their site a few moments ago. Works fine for me.
Old 03-22-01, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same here, never had a problem.
Old 03-23-01, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know what you mean, Ordway - the same thing happens to me both here and at express.com.

The way around it is to use the POWER SEARCH button. If you then search from that page, it will work!

Interestingly enough, the regular search works fine on my Mac.

Bleddyn
Old 03-23-01, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Bleddyn Williams
I know what you mean, Ordway - the same thing happens to me both here and at express.com.

The way around it is to use the POWER SEARCH button. If you then search from that page, it will work!

Bleddyn
Grrr. I tried that but it *still* doesn't work -- it just hangs there with the blue status bar partially there!
Old 03-26-01, 05:40 AM
Banned

Most likely it is not actually "hanging". Be aware that many parts of DDD create pages that are over 1 MB in size!!! The pre-orders section is like this. It takes 10 minutes to load a single page!
Old 03-26-01, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Shaggy999
Most likely it is not actually "hanging". Be aware that many parts of DDD create pages that are over 1 MB in size!!! The pre-orders section is like this. It takes 10 minutes to load a single page!
Considering that I have a cable modem, it seems pretty bizarre that they would have pages *that* huge as to take that long to load for me!

I have noticed that their site is kind of sluggish in general... They ought to try to speed it up a bit. How can people buy from them if their pages don't load for ten minutes?!?