Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Buy.Com double billing

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buy.Com double billing

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-01, 10:27 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been a loyal Buy.Com customer for the last 2 1/2 years. I have never had a bad experience. Every problem I ever had with them was solved to my satisfaction. This last week things have changed. First I called them to say that a pre-order I placed last Sept. was never shipped. Because I purchased that title with a coupon could I replace that title with another so I would not lose the coupon. The answer was NO. Now I spend about $150 to $200 a month with Buy.COM. This is no way to retain a customer. Today was the last straw I found that I had been double billed on one of my February orders. I called Buy.Com and was informed by the customer service rep I spoke with, that he did not have the authority to correct the problem. He admitted that Buy.Com had made a mistake and that he would send a request for credit, and that I should hear from them via e-mail in 4 to 5 days. Ordinarilly this would not bother me. However, I have heard that other people have been double billed recently. Also if this is not corrected by March 30 what do I do send e-mails? I informed the rep that I would no longer be doing business with Buy.Com and asked what feedback he has received regarding the recent and proposed changes. He informed me that he personally has received many complaints from customers that they don't like the idea of e-mail customer service. But as he said it was a corporate decision. Has anyone else had the double billing problem recently?
Old 03-21-01, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello. You may want to scan through existing threads:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...threadid=91585

By the way, I was double billed too. Sent an e-mail to the "12 hour response guaranteed" customer service on Sunday. Well, it is now Wednesday. Longest damn 12 hours I have ever had.