Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon 10% off - Not working for me?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon 10% off - Not working for me?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-01, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
I'm trying to check out here, and I had the AMZNTENPRCNT coupon placed in earlier, and I didn't realize it. I then tried to place the $5 off $30 coupon in there, now when I go to check out on my $145 item (a TI-89 for school, if anyone is curious) and it's only showing a $5 discount (the $5 off $30).

When placing the AMZNTENPRCNT coupon back in (at least, trying) I get the error: *** This offer is restricted to one per customer. Feel free to pass it on to a friend! ***

What?! I havn't checked out yet with it! Thus, I have not used it, silly amazon.com. Another weird thing is if I have say, a $18 DVD in my basket and go through the checkout, THEN the 10% off shows up!

Is there some way to get the $5 off $30 out of my account? Anyone know? :\ I already tried what an amazon CS e-mail told me to do, didn't work. Don't really want to call them just to get this silly thing fixed.

Ideas?
Old 03-16-01, 05:35 PM

I think that this has to do with the problem that the 10% coupon was supposed to only be up to a max of $10, yet early orders gave 10% off the entire order. Could be that they are now just invalidating any orders over $100 that use that coupon.

I would suggest calling them on the phone and getting a rep to give you the $10 off manually.
Old 03-16-01, 05:48 PM

Originally posted by thanador
I think that this has to do with the problem that the 10% coupon was supposed to only be up to a max of $10, yet early orders gave 10% off the entire order. Could be that they are now just invalidating any orders over $100 that use that coupon.

I would suggest calling them on the phone and getting a rep to give you the $10 off manually.
Well, thing is, I never completed an order yet...
Old 03-16-01, 06:14 PM

You misunderstood me. I meant that it probably invalidates once you have >$100 in your cart, which is likely why is works when you have
Old 03-16-01, 06:55 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thanador
[B]You misunderstood me. I meant that it probably invalidates once you have >$100 in your cart, which is likely why is works when you have