Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon shipped The Rock & LODM?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon shipped The Rock & LODM?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-01, 04:40 PM
sck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I pre-ordered The Rock Criterion and Legend Of Drunken Master, and neither have shipped yet.

Anyone else pre-order these DVDs from them, and if so have they shipped yet?

This is the first time I have pre-ordered from them, and I was thinking they would ship a few days before the actual release date. I'm wondering if I should just buy them from a B&M, especially if I'm going to have to wait until the end of next week (or longer) to get them.
Old 03-11-01, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My copy of The Rock has yet to ship. Last time I checked, it did not even say that they had a copy on-hand yet.
Old 03-11-01, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If Amazon ever ships a title before street date I fully expect the world to end.
Old 03-11-01, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Big Dave
My copy of The Rock has yet to ship. Last time I checked, it did not even say that they had a copy on-hand yet.
My copy hasn't shipped either, but then again, Amazon never ships before release date, just gotta get used to it. Also, it won't say on-hand for a preorder, instead it'll say "Item Availability: 1 to be released: March 13, 2001". This message appears on all preorders (dates changed of course). So again, nothing to be concerned about. I was talking to a CSR a couple of days ago about combining this order with another, and she said no because this order (the rock order) had entered the shipping process already. I shot back by saying that it hadn't even been released yet (according to their website). She explained that it hadn't been released, but they did have the stock on hand and packaged. It was just waiting to be shipped out. So there you have it. Also, she gave me $6 off on the other order for not being able to combine 'em.
Old 03-11-01, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As Jonathan stated....they never ship early!!!! Look for it to ship on Monday or Tuesday!!!
Old 03-12-01, 10:34 AM

Originally posted by djones6746
As Jonathan stated....they never ship early!!!! Look for it to ship on Monday or Tuesday!!!
If you're lucky. I've supported Amazon up until recently due to the availability of GCs, but you'd better be prepared for a wait. The *earliest* they've ever shipped my stuff was the day before release, but with my last order, the dumbasses held my 2/27 release until 3/6 so they could send it with my 3/6 preorder. I paid for everything to ship separately, but since they shipped them together they credited the order so now I have an order for -$1.99 which I have to call to get credited toward another order.

But I'm ranting. Amazon is slow. No way around it.
Old 03-12-01, 12:38 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Although Amazon is slow on shipping pre-orders, you can usually get your replacement much faster than most other etailers if your first shipment happens to arrive damaged. Amazon cross ship replacement (and 2nd day air if your CSR is in a good mood) without having to receive the damaged one first.
Old 03-12-01, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Just checked my order status for ROCK CC at Amazon - shows not shipped, estimated delivery March 16-22...

[Edited by marty888 on 03-12-01 at 01:49 PM]
Old 03-12-01, 08:07 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just checked my order status for ROCK CC at Amazon - show shipping in process.

Old 03-12-01, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What Amazon lacks in early preorder delivery, they more than make up for in reliability and customer service. I can't really ever recall them dragging on for weeks and weeks to find a certain title, like I've had happen at virtually every other online store I've tried. If there is a problem, they'll usually bend over backwards resolve the problem.

I do wish they would ship the preorders a little earlier though, it's a little anal if you ask me. Many other stores have shipped preorders so you can have it a little closer to the target date and I haven't heard of any getting in trouble for this.

On in-stock DVDs (which are a little high-priced as far as I'm concerned) they often do ship out almost immediately after you order them.
Old 03-12-01, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
Mine shipped today from Amazon.
Old 03-13-01, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 366 Likes on 218 Posts
Both my copy of Criterion The Rock and Ben Hur shipped out yesterday.

Kahuna
Old 03-15-01, 12:15 AM

The Rock CC arrived on Wednesday 3/14 for me.

-MM
Old 03-15-01, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine Still Says 1 on hand. This is the last time i preorder stuff online from any store. Buy.com cant ship stuff out on time, either can amazon. What a joke

capt
Old 03-15-01, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine shipped on Monday. One day before street date. This is the first time Amazon has EVER shipped before the street date for me. They always ship on the street date exaclty, from my experiences.
Old 03-15-01, 03:58 PM

Just got my Rock that shipped on tuesday.