Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Tower Records Pre-Orders

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Tower Records Pre-Orders

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-01, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows how fast Tower Records ships pre-orders? I know some online stores ship them a day or two before the dvd comes out, or the day it comes out. I was wondering if Tower does this, as I'm about to spend a good amount of money buying dvds from there, and wanted to order Meet The Parents from there. Any info is appreciated.
Old 03-02-01, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by greeny
...wanted to order Meet The Parents from there... Any info is appreciated.
Are there no Best Buys near you? Meet the Parents will be on sale for $15.99 at Best Buy next Tuesday, Tower's preorder is $21.99.

I order CDs through Tower two or three times a year, I really like them (and that they sell used CDs at a decent markdown), but I have never seen them have good DVD prices.

In fact, I'll say that you really need to go to http://www.dvdpricesearch.com and do some searching, I can think of several stores off of the top of my head that will beat Tower's prices. Also, don't forget about coupons.

Finally, when you do buy, go to the store through the "shop" button at the top of this page, the administrator of this site will get a small kickback (and you won't pay any more for what you are buying), it helps keep the site running.

[Edited by Heat 1 on 03-02-01 at 01:22 PM]
Old 03-02-01, 06:09 PM

Thanks for your suggestions, however the reason I want to buy it at Tower is because I have a flooz account that has a fair amount of money in it, and tower is the place where I've bought dvds with flooz money that I've received. I've bought a lot of dvds from Tower in the past few months with flooz. I know that their prices aren't very good on dvd's, but it doesn't really matter to me because I'm getting them just about free anyway. Thanks anyway.

[Edited by greeny on 03-02-01 at 04:14 PM]
Old 03-02-01, 09:16 PM

"When Harry Met Sally" shipped 2 weeks before release and "Seven: Plat" shipped two days before release. Haven't ordered a pre-order since.

Flooz and the ability to combine 3 different payments (flooz + gift card + credit card) is the only reason I use them too.

Btw, you may already be aware of them but don't forget to use one of these coupons. A pair of ~$20 DVD comes down to ~$15. One per account but you can probably use 1 of each
$10 off $40 SKCHTN4
$10 off $40 BZRATE4
Old 03-03-01, 09:51 AM

Thanks tenjin for the info, I used a code for the 10 off 40. I probably would have forgot all about the coupons if you wouldn't have reminded me since last time I ordered, I couldn't find a code that tower would accept. Anyway, thanks again. I ordered 4 dvds that weren't pre-orders and the 1 that was, so I guess I'll know now how long it takes them to send pre-orders out.