Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

RentmyDVD.com Inc. Feedbacks. Please let us know

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

RentmyDVD.com Inc. Feedbacks. Please let us know

Old 02-26-01, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please give it a try and let us know.
How can we serve you better?
Please post feedbacks here.
Thank you!
Roger
Old 02-26-01, 06:21 PM

Also please let us know how we can improve our site.
Thank you everyone for using http://www.rentmydvd.com
Old 02-26-01, 07:00 PM

Good Service and Fast Delivery AAA+++
Originally posted by RMDInc
Please give it a try and let us know.
How can we serve you better?
Please post feedbacks here.
Thank you!
Roger
Old 02-26-01, 07:56 PM

So, i've noticed that you have a whole load of Lexx discs listed, but they are not available and there is no release date. Next to the rent and buy used disc buttons it says N/A.

What does all this mean?
Old 02-26-01, 08:14 PM
Roo

Disc cases

Not that this is a huge concern, but the clear plastic cases that RMD ships DVDs in are a bit too hard to get the movies out of. The discs stick to the cases. It must have taken me a minute and a half just to get the disc out of the case.

Another small point: I live in TN, presumably in the NY store's region. I ordered a couple of discs around 5:30 EST and they shipped from the CA store. Subsequently, it took 5 days to arrive, not enough to send an e-mail to complain, but enough to where I had only two days to watch two movies.

On an even more personal note: I'd love to see you guys kick the crap out of NetFlix. I just cancelled my account there and, once some good movies start coming out on DVD again (who knows when that'll be since Summer '00 sucked so bad), I'll need a place for my DVD 'fix'.
Old 02-26-01, 08:18 PM

Is there a limit on how long you can keep the DVDs?
Old 02-26-01, 10:26 PM

Originally posted by ekf
So, i've noticed that you have a whole load of Lexx discs listed, but they are not available and there is no release date. Next to the rent and buy used disc buttons it says N/A.

What does all this mean?
Hi, it means that it is not available yet. n/a means not available. As soon as the studio(s) announces a date then there will be a release date next to the titles. I hope this helps.
Old 02-26-01, 10:31 PM

Re: Disc cases

Originally posted by Roo
Not that this is a huge concern, but the clear plastic cases that RMD ships DVDs in are a bit too hard to get the movies out of. The discs stick to the cases. It must have taken me a minute and a half just to get the disc out of the case.

Another small point: I live in TN, presumably in the NY store's region. I ordered a couple of discs around 5:30 EST and they shipped from the CA store. Subsequently, it took 5 days to arrive, not enough to send an e-mail to complain, but enough to where I had only two days to watch two movies.

On an even more personal note: I'd love to see you guys kick the crap out of NetFlix. I just cancelled my account there and, once some good movies start coming out on DVD again (who knows when that'll be since Summer '00 sucked so bad), I'll need a place for my DVD 'fix'.
I would lke to thank you for using and joining RentmyDVD. We have just started using the paper sleeve cases when we discovered the plastic ones stick to the cases. You can always email us at [email protected] for any questions and concerns.

Sometimes the New York branch does not have a particular title in stock so in this case it will be shipped from California. There will always be a grace period for viewing the DVDs, so please feel free to email us regarding the viewing period.

Thank you.
Old 02-26-01, 10:36 PM

Originally posted by CrazeeDonkee
Is there a limit on how long you can keep the DVDs?
If you sign up on our "Hooked On DVD" member plan(s) there will be no time limit. As a regular user every 7-day rental period. Feel free to e-mail us at [email protected] for more information. Thank you.

Old 02-27-01, 08:43 AM
Cool New Member

A couple of things:

1) I would like to reiterate the problems concerning scratched discs. Three of the four discs I have received thus far have had significant problems.

2) Please make the "wish list" more manageable. How about an option to reorder the entire list. Currently if you want to move a disc up five positions, you have to reload the page five times.

Overall, I have been pleased so far

Old 02-27-01, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It takes over 3 days to recive the DVD thus my viewing time is shorten tremendously..plus when I send back before the due date it shows up late on my return confirmation e-mail..
Old 02-27-01, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,140 Likes on 1,207 Posts
My only significant complaint thus far has been a couple of titles that are readily available but you do not seem to have. Since I am running a concurrent membership with NetFlix I was able to get them both through them but I plan on cancelling one or the other next month (probably Netflix).

For the record, the two titles were:

WWII in Color
Visions of Light

I would also like to see you adopt a middle-ground "Hooded on DVDs" plan, somewhere between 4-at-a-time and 10-at-a-time (6-7 would be ideal, preferably 6). I have already sent an email to the support email addy about this latter point.
Old 02-27-01, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok concerns with rentmydvd.com. Mind you this is all about the Crappy slappy dwappy bappy queue. The person who conceived this queue process and the QA person should be fired or demoted.

1. Their rental Queue is a POS. For the following reasons.
a. Ghosting affect. This is when you re-arrange your list and if your unfortunate like I was I used the back pushbutton to go back a page or 2, by doing this you will have an item that shows in the queue with no title. This title happened to be at the top of my queue. Mind you I had this ready to ship in my orders with no title dvd. I emailed them and they corrected this. Their rental queue was poorly conceived and they didn't properly test all of the conceivable tasks that a user could possibly do. Were idiots we will do and try anything. Even worse were bigger idiots when were drinking.
b. If you were a former member from netflick like I was. You appeciated their renumbering option. This allowed you to prioritize your list. You re-numbered by typing in the numbers for each dvd once then when you were done renumbering the QUEUE you simply clicked the update pushbutton which reloaded your page ONCE in the order that you wanted. It took me 30 minutes to get my queue in the order that I wanted at rentmydvd.com. This is due to having to reload the page everytime for a single DVD move up or down. This process takes forever. This is unbearable and makes me wanna scream.
c. They have a button to move a DVD to the top of the queue but not for the bottom of the queue. What's up with that. I thought Homer was on the Simpsons and not working with the web team at rentmydvd.
D. Look at netflicks queue and others renter/competitors queu and adapt the best possible working queue. Stay on step ahead instead of 2 steps behind in the queue process

KILL the CURRENT QUEUE

Have a feature that allows for one to mark that this DVD has been sent in the mail. So that if the mail is slow. That the renter isn't punished for this. This will allow for a title to be released without having to wait a week or two. Also have a lost in the mail feature as well. I heard that they are working on this.

So far the service is good I'm hoping that the walls of jericho don't fall down like they did at netflicks.

Also I'd like the possibility of being able to have my plan be a 3 DVD plan. Unfortunately there are only 2 & 4 unlimited DVD plans.

One little vice that somewhat is eating at me. Why in Gods creation would we want to buy a used DVD at 30% off that was sent to us. Maybe I don't understand this feature. But this is my opionion I'd never buy a rented DVD from an online site. Due to it being rented so many times which means unfortunately that there would be numerous scratches. 30% off is nothing. Especially after its been rented out for a few months.

[Edited by sm8680 on 02-27-01 at 08:42 AM]

Old 02-27-01, 02:15 PM

I just cancelled Netflix (had been thinking about it for a while) and joined rentmydvd.com. So far it has been a pleasant experience. My first four movies have already shipped (three of which had been sitting in my Netflix queue for a while).

A couple questions:

When will you be opening up the distribution center in Dallas/Fort Worth? Once this is done, turnaround time for me is going to rock!

Also, when will you start renting games? Sounds like a good idea. Also, will I be able to rent games with my current program or will there be a separate "game" program I have to join?

Bo.
Old 02-27-01, 04:38 PM

Hello Forum Users. I thought that I would jump-in to this forum and throw some of my weight around before we got too many posts and things got out of redemption range.

One of our staff started this thread for feedback and we all thought it was a good idea; when I read it today it looks like answers are indeed warranted to many of these questions and concerns, so I don't think Rentmydvd should sit idly by making copies of feedback for consideration and not engaging in dialogue. What I wouldn't want, though, is for any conflicting information to be tossed around or any mistakes regarding our customer's concerns to be made.

That being the case, please realize that everyone at Rentmydvd has been given the "RMDInc" UserName and I've noticed that several different people have already posted under the name. PLEASE, Rentmydvd.com staff members, if you post under the UserName, let everyone in the forum know who you are. Without a "-Roger" or a "-Matthew" or some such signature, RMDInc will start to look like a multiple personality character.

And customers, I noticed that there are some serious problems that speak of minor glitches (the person from TN that received an order from our CA branch comes to mind)- if this sort of thing happens please let our service department know. Any customer of ours in Tennessee should be receiving all orders from our East Coast branch. The glitch is just a one digit code in our database but we won't be able to fix it if we don't know who you are.

So, OK, now we've got dialogue and that's what I think we should have. But, customers, let us know if you would like Rentmydvd to treat this forum thread differently. We try to follow the various threads out there and glean bits of feedback- as a rule we do not enter the discussions because our input would necessarily change the thread. I don't think that any customers should hold back on this thread just because Rentmydvd is here: I personally appreciated the "crappy, slappy, dwappy, bappy... KILL THE CURRENT QUEUE" call to arms. We need that sort of thing. We are constantly upgrading, changing, and attempting to improve our site; the items that cause headaches for our customers will obviously be the things that will make it to the top of the list.

So, all of this being said, I will now answer some of those questions and concerns I've seen so far, but in the next response. -Mainly because I'd be surprised if anyone read down this far.

-Matthew
Old 02-27-01, 05:32 PM

BoBoish,

Dallas should be opening in the second quarter of this year, I believe we are aiming for June.
Game rentals are on hold while we finish our survey and predictions in the gaming world. X-Box and PS2 are shaking-up previous forecasts and we don't want to be left holding Atari 2600 cartridges.

Used copies are things that some people do want to buy (we'll send you the case and inserts upon purchase) for various reasons. The 30% off SRP represents what a "new" used disc sells for. Once we get overstock and have a backlog of a certain title we'll sell them for $9.99. It's like previously viewed copies in a video store.

The two titles you mentioned are on order through one of our distributors. They have both unfortunately on back-order and have remained as such for several weeks. Either the studio(s) do not have any copies available or this particular distributor does not have a large enough order to warrant placing the order with the Studio(s).

We are getting delivery times down across the board; occasional USPS delays happen- more often in some places than others, but we are doing everything possible to help them get those orders to your doors. Let us know if you are a Regular User and need more time; we can and do accomodate resonable requests, especially if there is a distance issue.

We are still in the process of building a huge database of information. We have items like the Lexx discs in there for those who are wondering if Lexx is available on DVD. At present it is not.

1)The plastic sleeves are done. Buried. Written-off. We are rotating stock into the new Tyvek sleeves for obvious reasons. The plastic sleeves also contributed to some of the scratchiness on some of the DVDs, but so does occasional USPS mishandling and so do some frisbee-playing customers.

2)The queue needs work. We're working on it. Especially the numbering system.

Old 02-27-01, 06:05 PM
Roo

Hooked on DVDs Explanation Page

One more thing:
On the 'Hooked on DVDs' explanation page on your site, you say at the top of the page that there are no late fees or due dates ever. Scroll down to the bottom, and you talk about due dates in the 'Returning Your Order' section and waiving fees in the 'Purchasing Already Rented Items' section. THIS IS CONFUSING!

More free advice (you get what you pay for):
DON'T make the same mistakes NetFlix did! A few of the major ones were not planning on increased volume, service reps not knowing promotions, lying to customers to purposely stretch out check-in times, and actively seeking customers with free month promotions when you can't handle those customers you do have. And if the no time limit, all you can rent leads to everything being out of stock, consider doing one of two things:
1. Not signing up new customers, or
2. Implement some sort of due dates (14 days would be the sweet spot I think).

All in all, I think you guys are off to a good start just by planning on the different locations. Good luck!
Old 02-28-01, 12:11 AM

Re: Hooked on DVDs Explanation Page

Originally posted by Roo
One more thing:
On the 'Hooked on DVDs' explanation page on your site, you say at the top of the page that there are no late fees or due dates ever. Scroll down to the bottom, and you talk about due dates in the 'Returning Your Order' section and waiving fees in the 'Purchasing Already Rented Items' section. THIS IS CONFUSING!

More free advice (you get what you pay for):
DON'T make the same mistakes NetFlix did! A few of the major ones were not planning on increased volume, service reps not knowing promotions, lying to customers to purposely stretch out check-in times, and actively seeking customers with free month promotions when you can't handle those customers you do have. And if the no time limit, all you can rent leads to everything being out of stock, consider doing one of two things:
1. Not signing up new customers, or
2. Implement some sort of due dates (14 days would be the sweet spot I think).

All in all, I think you guys are off to a good start just by planning on the different locations. Good luck!
Thank you for the inputs Roo. We have already fixed the problem. Here's what it reads now on our site:
Returning Your Order
Once you are finished with any or all of the DVDs in your order, simply place them in the provided return envelope and drop it in any U.S. mailbox.

Purchasing Already Rented Items
If you wish to purchase any items that you currently have checked out, you may do so by signing on, going under My Account and then choosing the buy button for those titles. Your credit card will be charged for the price of the item at a 30% discount and any late fees for those rentals will be waived. Open Account

- Roger @ rentmydvd, Inc.

Old 02-28-01, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am neither a Netflix or RMD customer, although I have occasionally used Netflix in the past. I just want to say that seeing this thread started by RMDInc and seeing that there are even multiple RMD staffers welcoming feedback is really encouraging and makes me want to try RMD out. I just hope you guys don't become like so many other online retailers in the past who are all gung-ho at the beginning and helpful toward dvdtalk members, but once recurring problems occur, suddenly seem to disappear forever from the forum. If you can actually keep the dialogue going, that would certainly earn a lot of trust. The biggest frustration is when customers don't feel there is anyone they can turn to for help with a problem. Conversely, having a "private CSR" on the forum to help with issues will definitely win you loyalty. SteveA from 800.com and Queenie from the belated Reel.com were both great at stepping in and helping forum members.
Old 02-28-01, 09:54 AM

BoBoish,

We are still in the process of building a huge database of information. We have items like the Lexx discs in there for those who are wondering if Lexx is available on DVD. At present it is not.

Do you carry Import titles? Numerous Lexx titles are available on canadian released DVD (obviously region 1, so there would be no technical conflict).

Having a selection of Import only titles like these would be a huge incentive for someone like myself to switch from Netflix.
Old 02-28-01, 12:30 PM

Netflix Customer Service

Gosh.. I have never seen a corporation so concerned that their customers are happy.. I don't recall that netflix would ever do that.
Old 02-28-01, 12:32 PM

Netflix is going to charge my account on friday.. At that time I plan to sign up with RMD. My fried just started up with them and he has nothing but praise for you guys.
Old 02-28-01, 03:03 PM

efk-

We're looking into the legality issues surrounding International DVD renting. It's kind of sketchy. Take "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" for instance. It's out there on DVD, you can find it because it's been available in China for awhile. It's non-region coded so you can watch it here. When we start asking around, though, about renting titles like this we get anywhere from "It should be fine" to "$250,000 fine and up to 5 years in prison." So we'll look into it further before we start offering International titles that haven't been marketed in the States.

"If you can actually keep the dialogue going, that would certainly earn a lot of trust. The biggest frustration is when customers don't feel there is anyone they can turn to for help with a problem."

Not being a usual on any forum, how do you suggest continuing in the long run? Is it better to just keep one thread going or are spin-offs the norm? The only thing that worries me personally is that someone out there could easily start a thread claiming to by Rentmydvd.com and spread horrible, viscious, slanderous, and egregious misinformation (another reason why we've all stayed out of forums thus far). Let us know what you liked/didn't like about the forums with 800.com and Reel.com and we'll work out some kind of system for this.

-Matt

[Edited by RMDInc on 02-28-01 at 12:06 PM]
Old 03-01-01, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Both the 800.com and Reel.com reps basically answered questions wherever they were posted in the forums. I wouldn't worry about someone impersonating you. Now that you have established who you are, the forum moderators would put a quick stop to anyone trying to do that. My advice would be to try to keep this thread open as a place someone could come if they have a direct question for you (assuming there are enough posts to keep this thread active), as well as occasionally answering any posts related to you that might pop up elsewhere on the forum. The moderators are probably the best people to tell you their preferences though.
Old 03-01-01, 11:52 AM

efk-

We're looking into the legality issues surrounding International DVD renting. It's kind of sketchy.
-Matt

[Edited by RMDInc on 02-28-01 at 12:06 PM]

Maybe Tower Video (Tower Records) is a good reference to check out? I'm quite sure that they have always rented import titles that you couldn't find elsewhere.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.