Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

this may of interest to some of you...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

this may of interest to some of you...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-01, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My email to HMV:
I recently ordered from your site, and now have received (today) the
"Braveheart" dvd.
Unfortunately, when I opened it, it seems as it is a used copy. It looks as though this dvd was re-sealed because not only was the dvd not locked into the slot thingy (dont know what they call it), but was loose in the
package. The little things that hold the dvd into place are loose as though they have been pushed on several times. The dvd itself was dirty, and when i cleaned it off (with a proper dvd cleaner) there was a small scratch that I had thought was dirt.
I am extremely surprised and disappointed. I would like to exchange this for a "brand new" braveheart dvd, which is what I paid for originally. Please respond a.s.a.p.

Their response:
Dear XXXXXXX,

We are sorry to hear that you have received a defective copy of the DVD and we would be happy to exchange the product for
you. We have already begun making arrangements to send you a replacement copy of the DVD at no additional shipping charge.

While we do not send out resealed items on a regular basis, on occasion our customers may receive a resealed item when we use our stores to fulfill orders for our customers. This is not a regular practice and we strive to keep this situation to a minimum.

We thank-you for bringing your concerns to our attention and look forward to being of service again in the future.

Please return the defective DVD with a note explaining the nature of the defect to our Fulfillment Centre at your earliest opportunity (if you still have your invoice, please include that too). We will provide you with a credit for the return within 10 days of receiving your order. You may also wish to return the defective product to your nearest HMV location for
a full refund.

Otherwise, please send the package to the following address:

HMV.com Fulfillment Centre,
6291 Ordan Drive,
Mississauga, Ontario,
L5T 1G9