Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy ripped me off!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Best Buy ripped me off!

Old 02-23-01, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my 10% off coupon....after it had expired, and they wouldn't accept it!

Not really a bargain, but nowhere else to put it...
Old 02-23-01, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there certainly is somewhere else to put it: the Online Store Forum.

DJ
Old 02-23-01, 02:15 AM

Originally posted by djtoell
there certainly is somewhere else to put it: the Online Store Forum.

DJ
I think this is a B&M issue, though. I had the same problem one time. They wouldn't accept my coupons - even when I received them almost a week after they expired. They may want to look into changing their name...
Old 02-23-01, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wouldn't exactly say you were ripped off, but it does kinda suck.
Old 02-24-01, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, I can't believe that bastard Best Buy for not accepting coupons that were delievered late and were expired when you tried to use them. Those a-holes should lock their doors and call it quits. This is piss poor customer service. They think just because they offer low prices that they ca treat us consumers this way. I am ripping my BB card and sending it back, and I will call every store in my area and complain about stuff like this.

And don't even get me started on the ticket that I got the other day. There wasn't a speed limit sign where I was pulled over and ticketed. Oh sure, there was one about 2 1/2 miles back, but how was I supposed to know that that would be the speed limit until the next sign. It's all a conspiracy, dammit!

I feel better.....
Old 02-24-01, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by POWERBOMB
Wow, I can't believe that bastard Best Buy for not accepting coupons that were delievered late and were expired when you tried to use them. Those a-holes should lock their doors and call it quits. This is piss poor customer service. They think just because they offer low prices that they ca treat us consumers this way. I am ripping my BB card and sending it back, and I will call every store in my area and complain about stuff like this.

And don't even get me started on the ticket that I got the other day. There wasn't a speed limit sign where I was pulled over and ticketed. Oh sure, there was one about 2 1/2 miles back, but how was I supposed to know that that would be the speed limit until the next sign. It's all a conspiracy, dammit!

I feel better.....
Okay Mr. Sarcasm.
Old 02-25-01, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got a similar story. I went to Best Buy, picked up a few DVDs, and explained to the clerk, a good looking girl, that I was supposed to have received a 70% off coupon and that the coupon stated that the clerk was to perform certain "favors" for the customer. I didn't actually have the coupon because of the post office and I explained that to her. She wasn't sure at first, but then I told her that the customer was always right, so she gave me the 70% off and performed a certain favor for me, right there in line!

Man, were the people behind me pissed that they weren't supposed to get the same coupon!

[Edited by Heat 1 on 02-24-01 at 09:50 PM]
Old 02-25-01, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Heat 1
the clerk, a good looking girl, performed a certain favor for me, right there in line!
Y'know the rules, man, WHERE ARE THE PIC'S?

But in all honesty, I called the 1-888 customer service line and the rep told me that they did have problems w/USPS and that all stores were told via their email system to accept the coupons thru the end of FEB. So go back to the stores' and speak to someone in customer service 1st, explain your situation and they should let you use your discount.

See, I'm not so bad after all....