Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

buy.com shipping "cancelled" orders!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

buy.com shipping "cancelled" orders!

Old 02-22-01, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It used to be if you try to csncel something, and 3 days later still shows "cancel requested" you will be getting that item. But if it shows "cancelled" youwount be getting it. Well today an item that was listed as "cancelled" for 2 month was shipped! And I already bought it elsewhere! So all of you with "cancelled" items becareful!
Old 02-22-01, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems lately the only way to get your items shipped is to request a cancel. Up until January of this year all my Buy.Com pre-orders shipped on or before release date. Since January everything has shipped weeks after release date or not at all. Pre-ordered "Twilight Zone v42" with a release date of 1/16. Finally got it last week after requesting a cancel. Preordered "Harvey" with a release date of 2/6. They shipped it yesterday after a requested a cancel on Tuesday. They have gone from great to terrible in a hurry. I was also browsing through Express.Com yesterday and see most items there are also "on order" including several big name releases from the past few weeks. Looks like the days of great internet deals and receiving discs on or near release date from online sellers is going away at a fast pace. Pretty soon online shopping will be no good except for items that the B&M's rarely ever stock.
Old 02-22-01, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is normal for buy.com as long as I can remember. You can place an order and cancel it within minutes, the CSR will either tell you they can not cancel an order since it gets sent to a distribution center and it's out of their hands, or they will lie that it is cancelled and you will still get it.

Just return it.
Old 02-22-01, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by randyc
This is normal for buy.com as long as I can remember. You can place an order and cancel it within minutes, the CSR will either tell you they can not cancel an order since it gets sent to a distribution center and it's out of their hands, or they will lie that it is cancelled and you will still get it.

Just return it.

The ODD thing is, is USED to be even if the CS CLAIMED it was cancelled, if it still says "cancellation requested" you will get it, even if you try to cancel it 2 month ahead. but if your order history shows "cancelled" it is cancelled. But now even "cancelled" thingsa are being sent, like they dont want to honor the cancellation. Odd.
Old 02-22-01, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have cancelled many items over the last two months with no problems....

Release dates have come and gone.....items cancelled!!!