Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Trouble with Buy.com never with Amazon

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Trouble with Buy.com never with Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-01, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So many people are having problems and have complaints with Amazon. When I have had a problem it was always solved with a phone call. With Buy.com I have a completely diffrent story. For months I have been trying to get solutions to some problems. I am always told someone will get back to me, Never happens.
Finally yesterday while speaking with a supervisor again, I lost my cool. I thought that this was a riduculas situation. Never getting resolve and always being given priomises that are not kept. I have 4 teenagers, I don't need a fifth. So I calmly said excuse me, but I have had enough and please cancel all my outstanding orders(9) and my account. Funny, but I feel so much better!
Thanks for letting me share.

[This message has been edited by Randy810 (edited January 31, 2001).]
Old 01-31-01, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Randy810:
I have had enough and please cancel all my outstanding orders(9) and my account. Funny, but I feel so much better!
Thanks for letting me share.

[This message has been edited by Randy810 (edited January 31, 2001).]
<HR>

You will see those 9 preorders ship, or least half of them, because of buy.com has the worst canceling system out there. No matter how far in advance, the order still may be processed through the warehouse.

------------------
"One must kill the spider in order to save the butterfly."

Millions Knives - Trigun
Old 02-03-01, 04:16 PM

I have had the same problem with both Barnes&Noble.com and Buy.com :

- Order item not currently in stock (ie pre-order, special order, or back order)

- Weeks later, item shows up as "Available: Ships within 24 hours" on the item web page.

- However, those items almost never ship at BN or Buy unless I call or e-mail and have them inquire with the warehouse about what's going on with my order.

- At buy.com, what is usually required is for them to create a new order with that item, and I have to be vigilant that they preserve the older cheaper price and my free or 99cents shipping cost.

- At bn.com, they either create a new order for that item, do nothing and let the order sit , or else cancel the order for no good reason. Usually, they do the opposite of what I ask. Either the average IQ there is 80, or they intentionally do the opposite as a prank to keep themselves amused (I tend to think this is the case when in the middle of the e-mail exchange, they cancel the order for no reason.)

The result is that I now pre-order only from Amazon (who now have uniform 30% off pre-orders as well as GCs and coupons), who have never failed to ship something when it comes back in stock, no matter how old the order is (I still have some pre-orders on delayed DVD releases from 1998!).
Old 02-03-01, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too bad you have not posted this complaint before. I have the name and phone number of a service rep there who is terrific at solving customer problems.

I have sent 3 other DVDTALKERs to her attention and each stated that she speedily rectified the problem.

She helped me out tremendously during the Reel.com transfer to BUY.com fiasco. Let me know if you want to contact her.

------------------
About to experience the "BITE" of society

[This message has been edited by speedy1961 (edited February 03, 2001).]
Old 02-04-01, 05:07 PM

I always get my stuff from buy.com. Actually I'm happy with both amazon and buy.com but with pre-orders buy.com will always be the first one to send it before the street date.
Old 02-05-01, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts
Seems that all of the e-tailers are now in it for the money and not for the fun - plus the fact that none of them can seem to keep their pre-orders straight. And I have learned that pre-ordering on the first day they take preorders does not get the DVD to you (me) any faster than the new method I have already put in place. It is - PREORDER only 1 week before the DVD street date. In addition, when doing regular orders, with (ESPECIALLY) buy.com, I will NOT place an order if the item is not listed as "in stock".