Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Message from DeepDiscountDVD.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Message from DeepDiscountDVD.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-01, 07:27 PM
DeepDiscount.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Members of the DVDTalk Forum,

I would like to apologize for any difficulties that you encountered while making purchases on our web site today.

DeepDiscountDVD.com was officially launched on Monday 1/29. In the last 18 to 24 hours we have received a volume of traffic much greater than we anticipated, causing our site to perform very poorly. We are currently in the process of updating our servers to handle the additional volume and anticipate these updates to be completed by Wednesday, 2/7.

DeepDiscountDVD.com is owned by Infinity Resources, Inc which also owns the Critics’ Choice Video catalog and CCVideo.com web site. As Critics’ Choice Video we have more than 14 years experience in the video retailing business and during that time we have maintained a reputation for fast, accurate shipping and exceptional customer service. And as a DeepDiscountDVD.com customer you will receive the same level of exceptional service.

We do appreciate your business and again apologize for any inconveniences that you may have encountered. I can assure you, however, that we are working to correct the problems and we look forward to building a lasting relationship with each of you.

Sincerely,

David Barker
Director of Internet Marketing
Old 02-02-01, 08:03 PM

Welcome and thanks for the reassurance. You've got the customers and done the talk, now lets see you perform. Anxiously awaiting my order.

Old 02-02-01, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

David, thanks for taking the time to post but this is better suited to the Online Store forum where I’ll move it to. While I have your attention can I ask that you take another look at your very high International shipping? Feel free to post to the existing thread in the Bargains forum.
Old 02-02-01, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I'll tell you, with your free shipping and prices lower than Buy.com, you'll have a lot of dedicated customers assuming all goes well--I know I'll be one.

------------------
JuryDuty

''Don't blame me, I voted for Jack.''
My DVD's at DVD Aficionado
Old 02-02-01, 09:56 PM

Yeah, but as Jonathan.e pointed out, look at their international shipping rates, and only for slow old DHL worldmail - not courier. Once I saw that I didn't even bother looking at the rest of the site, or other prices...
Old 02-02-01, 10:57 PM
Banned

Hey, thanks for coming to this site and letting us know. It's nice to know a company takes the time out to come talk to their customers.

If I may ask, why are the pre-order pages so huge? They're like 1000k+ downloads! I have to wait 5 - 10 minutes for each "day" to download that I click on! I see no reason why they should be so huge.

But anyway, great prices. Assuming I get my order w/ no problems, I'll definitely be a returning customer!

[This message has been edited by Shaggy999 (edited February 02, 2001).]
Old 02-03-01, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As I indicated in my letter to your customer service I would be interested in browsing your site looking for titles I'd be interested in. However, due to the extremely graphical nature of the site it takes forever to flip between pages, time I'm just not willing to take. I'm on dsl but I don't have the latest, greatest machine and the wait time is just too much to bear.
Old 02-03-01, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Lurker1999:
As I indicated in my letter to your customer service I would be interested in browsing your site looking for titles I'd be interested in. However, due to the extremely graphical nature of the site it takes forever to flip between pages, time I'm just not willing to take. I'm on dsl but I don't have the latest, greatest machine and the wait time is just too much to bear.
<HR>

Indeed - plus I wasn't able to find at least two titles on the site - The Naked Kiss and Shock Corridor, both Samuel Fuller movies on Criterion. However, other films like Alphaville and Amarcord are listed, so what gives...?

[This message has been edited by stingo (edited February 02, 2001).]
Old 02-03-01, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Shaggy999:
Hey, thanks for coming to this site and letting us know. It's nice to know a company takes the time out to come talk to their customers.

If I may ask, why are the pre-order pages so huge? They're like 1000k+ downloads! I have to wait 5 - 10 minutes for each "day" to download that I click on! I see no reason why they should be so huge.

[This message has been edited by Shaggy999 (edited February 02, 2001).]
<HR>

My Gawd, yes, those downloads take forever, and lock up my rig for a while on each page...
Old 02-03-01, 03:04 PM
DeepDiscount.com

Thank you all for the comments and the questions. I'll do my best to answer them.

International Shipping: We will reconsider our international shipping rates and try to offer a less expensive option.

Download Time: We are working on improving the load time of the site and I think you'll begin to see some improvements in the coming days. We will continue to work on this issue until it is solved.

I hope that this answers some of your questions. I do appreciate your input and your business and would be happy to answer any further questions.

Dave
Old 02-03-01, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DeepDiscountDvdDave:

Thanks for getting back to us here at the forum so quickly. It seems apparent to me that if you can resolve these issues, you'll have a TON of DVD orders from the DVDTALK member populace.

I know I'll be amongst them.

------------------
About to experience the "BITE" of society
Old 02-03-01, 07:52 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
How does your order confirmation system work?

I placed an order well over 24hrs ago and haven't received a confirmation, while others have claimed to receive an email in a few hours.
Old 02-03-01, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How/when are DVD's added to the website? There are some titles I'd like to purchase/preorder, like Being There that I haven't been able to find... (though I did order Alphaville, still waiting on confirmation)... thanks...
Old 02-04-01, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Eric F:
How does your order confirmation system work?

I placed an order well over 24hrs ago and haven't received a confirmation, while others have claimed to receive an email in a few hours.
<HR>

Placed an order on Friday...tried to cancel via telephone Saturday afternoon and they told me the order was already processed and that I could not cancel it...

Going to be another one of those online stores which do not give you access to your order status online....and another store which obviously does not keep their stock on hand!!! They will need to improve this aspect of their business or they can delete me from their records for all I care!!

Oh...I almost forgot....the email confirmation which you are suppose to receive.....don't count on it!!! It is about 48 hours after I placed my order...no email...nothing telling me what is going on with my order!!! And once again....you cannot check your status online!!!

------------------
THE 13TH WARRIOR OF THE OTHER FORUM/CODE NAME: LYNCH/TEAM 7

Jules Winfield's Other Forum Brother......
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife

[This message has been edited by djones6746 (edited February 04, 2001).]
Old 02-04-01, 10:45 AM
tcw
Cool New Member

quote:<HR>Originally posted by DeepDiscountDVD:
Thank you all for the comments and the questions. I'll do my best to answer them.

International Shipping: We will reconsider our international shipping rates and try to offer a less expensive option.

Download Time: We are working on improving the load time of the site and I think you'll begin to see some improvements in the coming days. We will continue to work on this issue until it is solved.

I hope that this answers some of your questions. I do appreciate your input and your business and would be happy to answer any further questions.

Dave
<HR>

Dear Dave,

I am so delighted to see that you take personal attention to answer queries posted on this Forum. I was browsing your site to see the rates for International Shipping, and they are quite "breathtaking"..

Order Total 4-8 Business Days
$0 - $25 $15.00
$25.01 - $50.00 $20.00
$50.01 - $100.00 $25.00
Over $100 $30.00

If you can following the shipping charges of other online stores for International Airmail Shipping, I can assure you that you will have to double your staff just to handle the huge volume of orders flooding in.

Many online customers purchasing DVDs from Singapore are looking for a good online store which charges realistic prices ever since A&BSound (Canada) adopted the stupid policy of not shipping to Singapore. If you can be our store of choice, I can assure you that I will give your store full publicity via the local Forums.

Old 02-04-01, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, I gotta ask this for the Canadians in the forum. Why does Canada have the same shipping rates as Australia when one is 1000 km away and the other is 10000 km away.
Old 02-04-01, 06:26 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Please make sure you send out an order confirmation for every ordered placed.

I'm a bit leary of a place that doesn't send out at least a confirmation email with an order #. That's pretty de rigueur as far as net ordering goes.
Old 02-04-01, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Eric F:
Please make sure you send out an order confirmation for every ordered placed.

I'm a bit leary of a place that doesn't send out at least a confirmation email with an order #. That's pretty de rigueur as far as net ordering goes.
<HR>

Yep...still do not have mine and it has been almost three days!!! When I called yesterday to cancel my order(24 hours after I had placed it)the guy asked me for my order number and since I did not print out my page upon ordering I told him that for some odd reason I still have not received my confirmation email nor am I able to check out my order online!!! He was able to find it by other means but it was too late to cancel!!! Once they process your order, you cannot cancel!!! The joke of it all is....I am sure I will not receive shipment notification.....and I am sure this will not even ship out until sometime this week....but it was too late to cancel!!!

------------------
THE 13TH WARRIOR OF THE OTHER FORUM/CODE NAME: LYNCH/TEAM 7

Jules Winfield's Other Forum Brother......
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 02-04-01, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't tell me your coming here to give us customer service. That won't do for an online shop.

They're not supposed to give customer service.

Thanks for letting know.

------------------
Regards...
#Other TEAM 7 Member
Drinker of much Pepsi, trainer of Dingo's and Jack's Aussie Moonshine importer...
John 3:16
Old 02-09-01, 04:14 PM

Can you address what happened to the Absolutely Fabulous complete set and why it is no longer listed on your site and my order states "discontinued" when it hasn't even shipped it.

Old 02-09-01, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by thanador
Can you address what happened to the Absolutely Fabulous complete set and why it is no longer listed on your site and my order states "discontinued" when it hasn't even shipped it.

I'd like to know that as well - have an order confirmation email....
Old 02-09-01, 07:11 PM
Cool New Member

DeepDiscountDVD.com IS A CROCK

DVD Talkers: Don't waste your time on these jokers. Prices aren't that special. Other online stores are much better. DeepDiscountDVD cancels orders for no apparent reason. Good luck if you get your order. Hopefully, this dot com will bite the dust soon!!!
Old 02-10-01, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: DeepDiscountDVD.com IS A CROCK

Originally posted by dhwm
DVD Talkers: Don't waste your time on these jokers. Prices aren't that special. Other online stores are much better. DeepDiscountDVD cancels orders for no apparent reason. Good luck if you get your order. Hopefully, this dot com will bite the dust soon!!!

Received my order is a timely manner....just never received an order confirmation!!! Did receive a shipping email!!!
Old 02-11-01, 05:56 PM

Re: DeepDiscountDVD.com IS A CROCK

Originally posted by thanador
I'd like to know the reason too.

Originally posted by dhwm
Well said.
Old 02-11-01, 06:35 PM

Shipping and Confirmation

First, I would like to say that I like DeepDiscountDVD for their prices and (although somewhat limited) their selection. However, I would like to present a couple things that I think would add to the already good quality of the e-tailer.
  • I would like it if DeepDiscountDVD sent out an order confirmation for each order placed (along with a USPS tracking number or the like). I finally emailed them to ask about my order status. On the plus side, they replied very promptly and answered my question.
  • When I received my DVDs (Alien Legacy and SNL 25 Years), they were simply stacked in a standard USPS box with little padding. The padding that was included consisted of a crumpled-up piece of brown paper (only one sheet). Although my DVDs were not damaged, I would like to see some better padding included in the boxes (like the kind Buy.com or Amazon uses).

Other than those two points, I find nothing wrong with DeepDiscountDVD - and I will continue to use them in the future. Keep up the good work.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.