Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Not being charged for buy.com order?

Old 01-24-01, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

For a while, I have had an order at buy.com, with about 5 or 6 DVDs. 5 of the 6 DVDs have already shipped and arrived, with only one remaining(Dogma). The problem is that there is no link in the upper left corner that says "Detailed Billing Summary" so I can't tell how much I was charged in order to record it, as if I haven't been charged yet. I used credit card, so it should be there. What do you guys think I should do? Just ignore it, hoping I don't get charged? Check to see if they bill once, when the order is complete? Contact them?
Old 01-24-01, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They'll bill for each disc they ship so you should have been billed for the 5 that were shipped already. Coupons are deducted right away so you may not even get charged for the first disc that ships.
Old 01-24-01, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yeah, I know. For all my previous orders I was billed for each disc. I had a $20 off coupon so I most likey wouldn't have been billed for that disc. I wonder whats going on here. The orders I made after this one billed me individually also, so it was just this once.
Old 01-24-01, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:
Originally posted by MrBEAViS:
Yeah, I know. For all my previous orders I was billed for each disc. I had a $20 off coupon so I most likey wouldn't have been billed for that disc. I wonder whats going on here. The orders I made after this one billed me individually also, so it was just this once.

I have an order which is complete now and when I received my credit card statement...no charges were on there from this order which should have been!!!! If they do not bill me, that is their problem!!!

This order also does not show a detailed billing summary link.....

------------------
THE 13TH WARRIOR OF THE OTHER FORUM/CODE NAME: LYNCH/TEAM 7

Jules Winfield's Other Forum Brother......
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 01-24-01, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They seem to be billing late on some of my orders. The charge for a disk that was shipped in early December showed up on my CC statement in mid January, so you still may get charge.
Old 01-24-01, 12:32 PM

My past statements from Buy.com show orders with coupons having the value of the coupon spread across all of the disk, not just taken off the top. I would bet that the system is waiting for your order to complete in order to apply the discount properly. If your pre-order was only a few weeks away, I would be they would wait and bill it all at once, but with the indefinite status of Dogma I am sure they will catch up with you within a reasonable amount of time, and bill you for what has been shipped.

------------------
Jerry Bruckheimer should be bludgeoned to death with the bleached bones of Wolfgang Peterson while Tom Cruise digs the hole to bury all three of them.
Old 01-24-01, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
quote:
Originally posted by djones6746:

I have an order which is complete now and when I received my credit card statement...no charges were on there from this order which should have been!!!! If they do not bill me, that is their problem!!!

Don't get too excited. Years ago buy.com got a lot of grief for billing at the time of ordering. They now tend to error on the side of billing after (sometimes MUCH after) the item ships. This has happened to me several time, and they have always eventually charged my CC....

Old 01-24-01, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't smile yet. I thought they didn't charge me back in November; but the charge finally came through a few weeks ago.

Old 01-24-01, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

djones6746,

I had an order with Etoys.com that took about 5 months for the charges to show up with no warning or explanation.