Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buy.com mult. dates preorder shipping?

Old 01-18-01, 10:48 PM

I want to make a $150 - $30 buy.com order of pre's from different dates. Will they ship them as each title is released or will they hold them and ship them all at once like amazon does?

------------------
HKnight
My DVDs
My CDs
Pretty original, huh?
Old 01-18-01, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
They ship as each title becomes available. You'll only be charged once though for shipping which is good.

I went through a buying frenzy when Reel.com went belly up and had no problem with Buy.com pre-order / shipping policy.

------------------
About to experience the "BITE" of society
Old 01-18-01, 11:10 PM

Also, will buy.com pricematch preorders if I were to call them tomorrow? What do I need to do? Place the order, call them and ask for pricematch, or does it need to ship first?

I noticed buy.com is more expensive than amazon on Hitchcock Collection 2 & Lawrence of Arabia.
Old 01-19-01, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
I do believe that you have to call them. I've never tried it although I think other DVDTalkers have.

Try it. I have the name of a GREAT CSR over there who helped me during the Reel.com closeout /fiasco if you need it.

------------------
About to experience the "BITE" of society
Old 01-20-01, 02:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HKnight:
Also, will buy.com pricematch preorders if I were to call them tomorrow? What do I need to do? Place the order, call them and ask for pricematch, or does it need to ship first?

They have a link to submit a pricematch request under their Low Price Guarantee section. You usually needs to wait about 30 minutes after placing the order to make sure your order is in the system. I've never tried calling them.

A couple of caveats:
1. You need to submit a pricematch within 3 days after placing the order (it used to be 24hrs).
2. You can't pricematch if you used a coupon in the order.