Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Cancelling an Order from Buy.com Methods ?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Cancelling an Order from Buy.com Methods ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-01, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've tried to cancel an item from buy.com online before just to have the item ship a week later.

Is calling customer service any better? Do they cancel immediately and certainly?

Thanks

Vootie!
Old 01-12-01, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess calling might help.

It does seem if you have a title that hasent shipped for 2-3 months and it is in-stock for awhile and you cancel, they will ship it and tell you you cant cancel because it has shipped a few days later.
Old 01-12-01, 08:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Calling doesn't do any good, the only way to attempt to cancel is through the website. Unlike places like DVDexpress and DVDempire which control their own inventory, Buy.com passes your order to a distributor who handles the actually assembling of the order and shipping. Son once the order is placed the only thing they can try to do is send a "cancel" order to the distributor and hope that it works

On the flip side, what you can do is send the order back. I believe you can just write "SHIPMENT REFUSED -- RETURN TO SENDER" on the package and drop it back in the mail. Double check w/ the CS first though, I've never tried it myself.
Old 01-12-01, 10:50 PM

Calling would help only if you get a good CSR who would be willing (and able) to contact the shipping warehouse directly and have them cancel it while you are on the line (during warehouse business hours of course whatever that may be). Otherwise, you'll probably get the same mumble jumble that "it is only a request" and "no guarantee is made".

Btw, I've found that DVDs take much longer to cancel than computer products or books which I attribute to the shipping warehouse itself. The good rule of thumb for DVDs is to cancel at a bare minimum of 3 weeks before release date since they ship releases early to increase your chances.
Old 01-12-01, 10:55 PM

Thanks for the replies. I put through the cancellation request and I'll wait to see what happens.

All this because I inadvertently (read STUPIDLY) ordered a vhs instead of a dvd!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!