Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buy.com Question

Old 01-08-01, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As you can tell I'm a new member and I'm also a new dvd player owner. I was planning on ordering from buy.com with the $30 off if you order $150 or more. I have selected my list of movies Jacobs Ladder, Time Bandits (Criterion, City of Lost Children, Natural Born Killers, Pi, Dr. Strangelove (Special Edition), Mummy/Tremors Value 2pk, Almost Famous. As you could probably tell some of those movies would be preordered and City of Lost Children is "On-order." I was wondering if I would get all the ones that aren't backordered or not out if I would get those as soon as they become able or would i have to wait for all of the pre-ordered DVDs to come out? Also if they send out all the instock items would I have to pay shipping again for every other dvd that comes in a seperate shipment? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-08-01, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They will ship to you what they have and pre-orders as they become available for the price you paid (no extra charges if shipped seperatley). On-Order titles are another story and you would probably want to avoid these as it could take months.
Old 01-08-01, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the fast reply and will get City of Lost Children off the list and find something else I want that isn't on order.