Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy just sent me a $10 gift card.

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Best Buy just sent me a $10 gift card.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-01, 08:30 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
They screwed up an order in December and didn't get the stuff out in time for me to get the almost 100% rebates. I took all $45 of the stuff back to a store and told them why I returned it.

Today I got a $10 gift card as an apology for the inconvenience. For a crappy store, their online and corporate service is pretty good.
Old 01-04-01, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's cool ... but i'm not going to forgive them for the time that their screwup while processing my CC info caused my order to be rejected. And then they had the nerve to refuse to reinstate the sale prices on the items in my original, canceled order a mere 8 hours after the sale had officially ended.

Where's my $10 Gift Card, BB?
Old 01-04-01, 09:34 PM
X
Administrator

I'm surprised you had that problem. I'm getting 2 Bug's Life CE (free shipping) for $20 each due to their honoring a screwup. I got the Dusk Till Dawn set deal as well as the Bond set 3 deal. All of which they honored as their mistake. Not like that f**king piece of s**t Amazon.
Old 01-04-01, 10:51 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got a $10 gift card from them today also. $10 for accidently canceling an order... works for me !
Old 01-04-01, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Death: What kind of cancelled order? Maybe they'll make something appear in my school mailbox after all ...
Old 01-05-01, 06:44 AM
Cool New Member

BigPete: I placed a DVD order for "Weird Science" and "They Live" when they had these titles on sale. They were originally listed as "backordered" which I didn't think was that big of a deal. I checked the status after about a month and the order was listed as Canceled. When I called to find out what was going on I was told the web site automatically cancels backorders after about 20 days. I tried to get the order re-activated but was told that these items were not longer being offered.

A few weeks later they sent me a "Why Did You Cancel Your Order?" e-mail survey. I filled it out and blasted them for canceling my order and told them I felt I should be given some sort of compensation for their mistake.

I never heard anything back from them until the gift card showed up yesterday.
Old 01-05-01, 11:59 PM
Cool New Member

Also received a $10 GC - They double charged my VISA for one shipment of two DVD's. I e-mailed them and they said it was OK so I just called my CC company and it was taken off.

Can't use it online to I'll have to go the BM.

Too bad the deals kind of dried up after the Thanksgiving sale they had.
Old 01-06-01, 12:02 AM
X
Administrator

quote:<HR>Originally posted by dealdude:
Too bad the deals kind of dried up after the Thanksgiving sale they had.
<HR>

Not such a bad deal going on now. I got 4 today. http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/017921.html