Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Question regarding credit left over on Amazon?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Question regarding credit left over on Amazon?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-00, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
OK, so I had a gc for amazon that I used MOST of, and was left with about -$10 on the account when I finished that order. Now, I want to preorder the Almost Famous DVD and use the $10 left toward that, but I can't figure out how to do it. I tried going through my normal process and it wants me to pay the whole amount; I also tried re-entering the GC# under my order but it said the GC is already used. But I know I still have about $10 left on it but I just can't figure out how to apply what's left toward this order! Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 12-28-00, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goto your account , click on redeem/view gift cert link (under account settings), and see what it says for status. Mine shows 19.81; when i try to buy something it automatically appears.. If you see zero, your may have expired (they all expire sometime)..

Old 12-28-00, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

it should show up and you just have to make sure the box is checked.

beware of expiring gcs or PROMOS. If you don't use all of a promo, it may disappear...
Old 12-28-00, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
I guess it was a promo, since it didn't expire 'til 3/31 and my acct. says I have "O" balance. Geez, I didn't see the fine print about not being able to save a promo! Good thing I spent $140 or so of it and only lost my $10 into the ozone. I think that's a bit of a rip off though. What if I had just used $3 of my $150 GC - I guess I'd be s.o.l., huh? Sheesh.
Old 12-29-00, 03:14 PM

Actually, you can save a promo GC balance, but it stores it in a different place. I also used the $150 GC, and still have a balance of $40 or so. It shows up during checkout right after the SHIPPING OPTIONS screen. It says SELECT A PAYMENT METHOD. If you have a balance, then there should be a button that says "Apply gift cert or promo credit of $xx".
If you can't see this, then turn off 1-click ordering