Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Express.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-00, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 496 Likes on 359 Posts
I just had a hassle-free experience with Express. I hadn't ordered from them in months, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The DVD I bought was listed as in-stock, and sure enough it shipped the next day.

I noticed in the web-store ratings here on DVD Talk that their rating has fallen, so I was curious if anyone else has placed an order with them recently.

I've always been really happy with their service.
Old 12-05-00, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Placed an order with them on 11/14 and received the product at the end of last week. Not too enthused about that turnaround time.... Would give them another shot if I see a coupon worth using.
Old 12-11-00, 02:31 PM

I also had a good experience of Express.com despite the scare stories posted on the reviews section on this site. I would like to hear what is going wrong and if anyone is affected. They take a week to ship to me abroad and I regularly check out the bargain basement. I will still use them but probably won't preorder untill the fuss has died down.:-)

------------------
No matter how cynical you become you will never keep up.
Old 12-11-00, 03:42 PM

Had no problems with them last month with 2 shipments ($50.00 minus $20.00 coupon).
Never had any problem with them for 2 years now, only problem is that Dutch customs these days seem to pick out every shipment they send out to me!
Old 12-12-00, 12:52 PM

Yup those custom dudes are a pain. Is it the packaging? I don't have trouble with the Channel islands.
Old 12-12-00, 02:46 PM

I just want to tell you to STAY AWAY from this online store, I ordered from them 28/9 and still haven't got my DVD movies. They have charged my credit card but no movies.

So a tip is order at Amazon and you will never experience any trouble.
Old 12-13-00, 12:02 PM

Just order a couple of CD boxsets from them. Took 3-4 days to ship, which was a little slow, I thought. But I had a coupon so that made their prices pretty good. Plus I was able to use the e-word for 8% back.

I won a T-shirt from them for writing a customer review. After a year, I never got it. I wrote them recently about it, using PlanetFeedback.com, and not only got my shirt, but a coupon book and some other stuff as well!

Nice store - needs improvement (they should offer a 35-40% on preorders to stay competitive) but they really have good customer service when you talk to them. They do care about their customers, unlike the run around you get with buy.com.
Old 12-14-00, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by HiT2000:
I just want to tell you to STAY AWAY from this online store, I ordered from them 28/9 and still haven't got my DVD movies. They have charged my credit card but no movies.

So a tip is order at Amazon and you will never experience any trouble.
<HR>

If they charged your credit card, call them and have them take care of the matter...if they fail to do so, call your credit card company!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 12-14-00, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just order from them because I had a $20 off $50 coupon from them. I hope it goes OK.
Old 12-14-00, 07:06 PM
Banned

Express is too expensive.
Old 12-17-00, 10:59 AM

Hit2000 says STAY AWAY. Sorry about the incedent you had but I have had NO troubles. Based on what I have read on the forum site will keep me away from Amazon.com. Lets agree to disagree. I still can't see why the online store is in purgatory. One shipment of mine went missing and after the period specified by them it still did not appear and they re-shipped a replacement order. No extra charge. I do find their shipping charge a bit steep though. Has your issue been resolved Hit2000 I would be interested in the out come.
Old 12-19-00, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got the order I recently placed in a few days. . .they seem to be shipping faster than either Amazon or Buy at this point.
Old 12-21-00, 09:05 PM
Cool New Member

On Wednesday, I placed an order for a DVD that I needed by Christmas. None of the stores in my area had it, and it was out of stock at a lot of online stores. (It was National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Go figure! =] )

So I placed the order via express.com and paid for 2nd day delivery. Well, they did something outstanding! They shipped it the same day with overnight, not 2 day delivery!

I am really happy with my first purchase at express.com, and I will be shopping there soon. I guarantee it!

------------------
ZM Web Design Solutions