Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

buy.com shipping wrong version of Legend???

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

buy.com shipping wrong version of Legend???

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-00, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got my email today and it looks like they just shipped me Legend starring Jet Li. WTF? Oct. 15 i pre-ordered Ridley Scott's legend (11/21 supposedly), which was delayed. It was kind of a hassle looking for it initially, but I know i picked the right one.

fast forward to today and they just shipped me Jet Li's version. Dangit. this is really pissing me off. (aside from the extremely long waits on anime preorders).

I'm just writing to them again and asking for a return sticker.

anyone else have this problem. I mean, I just checked the product number and Legend is no longer listed in their database (ridley scott's version) and the product number on my order is that of Jet Li's version -- but I KNOW that i placed the order for the right one.

anyone have any suggestions?

thanks
Tuan Jim
Old 12-09-00, 04:11 PM
Mac

I just had the very same experience. I am sure that I ordered the right version (certainly not the Jet Li version, which I have never heard of) but I got a shipping notice today. I checked the SKUs and the one in my order confirmation does match the Jet Li version, so I thought that maybe I had made a mistake. My guess is, though, that someone one their end screwed up the database.
Old 12-09-00, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Same here. We can't all have screwed up. Looks like buy.com has a real mess on their hands. And we're all going to have to suffer for their mistake.

By the way, did you notice the price? The one I ordered was $22.49 and the Jet Li is $23.49.
Old 12-09-00, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
I emailed them about it last night and they just sent me a pre-paid return form. I want to know what they're gonna do though -- I don't want them to cancel my order completely, just ship me the right one when it comes out. I mean, it's funny -- Ridley Scott's legend isn't even in the system anymore.

Tuan Jim
Old 12-20-00, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, it sucks that this is happening, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. Same story here, but I had preordered with "When Harry Met Sally" and had used a $10 off coupon. I'm currently on hold, going to ask what they're going to do about my $10 off (since I'm sure it was off $30 or $40), and I started wondering if it was possible that I selected the wrong "Legend" (even though I'm 99.9% sure I didn't), so I decided to come to the forum and see if anyone else experienced similar problems. I'm relieved, because I couldn't imagine that I'd make a mistake like that, and I distinctly remember seeing Ridley Scott and Tom Cruise mentioned with the version I ordered.

So, while I was typing, the buy.com CSR came on the phone, and we discussed the problem, and I told him that I didn't really want the $10 off coupon voided because I placed a legitimate order, correctly, and they changed the order after the fact. He agreed to apply half of the coupon to the remainder of the order, so it looks like I'll be getting $5.00 off "When Harry Met Sally", and since it was priced at $14.99 when I ordered it, I'll call it a moral victory and take what I can get.

Thanks for this thread! I might've let them off with a little less fight if I thought that there was the slimmest chance that it was all my fault for ordering the wrong Legend.

Shoveler