Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

chapters.ca shipping old and cancelled orders?

Old 12-17-00, 01:24 PM

I was wondering if anyone else was getting old, already fulfilled and/or cancelled orders suddenly being shipped by chapters.ca?

I just got two confirmations over the last 3 days for a copy of Sopranos (cancelled weeks ago and confirmed by them) as well as a copy of eXistenZ (ordered and delivered 6 months ago).

It appears their shipping system has run amuk. Anyone else seeing this?

Roy

[This message has been edited by royb (edited December 17, 2000).]
Old 12-17-00, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had the same thing happen to me. I got my order like 3 weeks ago, then 2 weeks ago they sent me an email saying the order can't be fulfilled right now. SO I try to cancel it. But then yesterday I get an email saying it's shipped already. What the hell is going on? NO wonder they're projecting so many losses.
Old 12-17-00, 10:45 PM

Yes, this happened to me once as well. I really hate making returns as they are slow. If not for the quick delivery I would never order from them. But unfortunately sometimes you just want a certain book that the B&Ms do not have in stock while the online system does and they do ship in-stock items pretty quick with xpresspost.

Old 12-18-00, 12:00 PM

Well, danner, I think it's more that a "simple mistake". They're not replying to email and, like I said, they've reshipped something from over 6 months ago.

I suspect they've reshipped just about everything they've sold over the last year.

Roy
Old 12-18-00, 04:41 PM

They better not send the last 10 orders I cancelled from summer lol........

I swear if they do.....

Old 12-18-00, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got a similar Email for an order I had cancelled saying that they still weren't able to ship it. The funny part is that the order was for 2 dvds that cost 16.23 each, and I had used a 10$ coupon taking the order to 32$ but even with the cancelled dvd and all that jazz, the 1 16$ dvd was now up to 33$ for some whacky reason so I went back and cancelled it a second time.
Old 12-19-00, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got an email saying they were still looking for my Army of Darkness LE, which they had sent to me like 6 monthes ago. I figure if they find one i'd be willing to pay the 25 bucks for another one.

daveninja.com
Old 12-20-00, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, they e-mailed be the other day saying they were still looking for 2 copies of Army of Darkness LE for me, and hoped to have them to me by Christmas! Hahahaha well, I spose getting them to me oh...about 8 months after I ordered them isn't too bad.

Don't kid yourself - I'm not expecting to actually get them. It was good for a laugh though.