Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon promo GC question

Old 12-17-00, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Never had enough seperate GCs to have this problem before: Two seperate orders - one with a $5 GC applied and the other a $10, both promo. Now I know I canít combine these two GCs on one order but can I combine two orders to make one order and still keep both GCs applied thereby saving mucho international shipping costs? Or will it, as I suspect, kick out one of the GCs (the higher valued one no doubt)?

Your help is appreciated
Old 12-17-00, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Amazon won't allow you to combine any orders that are paid partially or fully by gift cert.

------------------
"It was daylight when you woke up in your ditch. You looked up at your sky then. That made blue be your color..."
Old 12-17-00, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Amazon.com will not allow for you to combine any two orders that have any type of promotional offer attached, including an order (>$100) that was placed and received the promotional free shipping.

If this does work, it has never worked for me.
Old 12-19-00, 01:08 PM

Not only will it kick out one of the promo GCs; you also will not be able to use that GC code again on another order even if the date was still valid.
The only way you can redeem this GC is by calling CS and getiing them to redeem it.

------------------
I only dream in Black and White....... to save me from myself
Old 12-19-00, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

quote:
Originally posted by gilbertr76:
Amazon won't allow you to combine any orders that are paid partially or fully by gift cert.

Amazon.com allows you to combine gc's orders if you call them. I have done it 3-4 times before.

Old 12-19-00, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

why not just cancel and reorder? you'll get all your GCs back assuming they're not expired.
Old 12-19-00, 09:17 PM

HoMeBrO is right. give them a call and they will combine the for you... Even works for international customers (like me)...
Old 12-19-00, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

quote:
Originally posted by HoMeBrO:
Amazon.com allows you to combine gc's orders if you call them. I have done it 3-4 times before.

That works IF all GCs used are non-promo, or if only 1 order has a promo. Since both have a promo, they will NOT do it for you, unfortunatelt. At least, that has been my experience with it.

Jonathan, if the int'l shipping costs are that high, you should cancel the orders and do it in 1, with just the $10 GC and not even worry about the $5, if the difference is shipping costs outweighs the $5 GC, that is.