Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Unhappy with buy.com

Old 12-16-00, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I ordered Se7en way back when from buy.com but with everyone saying it was the flipper, I canceled it over 2 months ago. At the time, they said I couldn't cancel b/c it was sent to warehouse or something along those lines. After sending a few hate emails without a reply, I gave up. Since it didn't came after the "release date" they posted, I thought they must have canceled it though online it stated otherwise. Well, today I have an email saying it shipped. I also ordered it through amazon.com with GC so now I don't know what to do. Yeah, I will get it a few days sooner with buy.com but 1)it was free from amazon with GC and 2) it pisses me off that they would not let me cancel since they said it was sent to warehouse though it was really months away from that point. Now it is just the principle of the matter. What should I do? Mark return to sender? Cancel with amazon? I will not be able to watch it for a few days anyway so it being early does not play a factor. I think I would most likely cancel it but don't want the hassle of getting my money back if they try to screw me. Opinions? What does buy.com do if you return it?
Old 12-16-00, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It is much easier to cancel with Amazon....I have always successfully canceled preorders via Buy.com's website as long as it was one to two weeks in advance!!! You could return the Buy.com disc but I would make sure and obtain the authorization necessary to do so....I do not believe refusing the mailing via the postal service is valid when it comes to returning items to Buy.com!! Call them and ask but I believe you need to obtain a return slip from them in order to have them accept the return. Good Luck!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 12-16-00, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

djones6746,

I hate that happy face smiling thing jumping rope.
Old 12-16-00, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:
Originally posted by carp:Cancel with amazon?

If you used a promo GC, I'd just order something else, combine the orders, then cancel the Se7en from the order.

Old 12-17-00, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:
Originally posted by ernestrp:
djones6746,

I hate that happy face smiling thing jumping rope.

How about ragtime smiley?

------------------

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 12-17-00, 11:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djones6746:

How about ragtime smiley?

Thanks for getting off topic. I think I am just going to keep both and give one as a gift. I still think I wont use buy.com again after this(expect when they have really good deals, of course).
Old 12-17-00, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:
Originally posted by carp:
Thanks for getting off topic. I think I am just going to keep both and give one as a gift. I still think I wont use buy.com again after this(expect when they have really good deals, of course).

Hmmm....I believe myself and Bigjim submitted responses to your question already!!! Seems as if no one else was interested!!! You are welcome!!!!

------------------

Barney Fife

[This message has been edited by djones6746 (edited December 17, 2000).]
Old 12-17-00, 11:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djones6746:
Hmmm....I believe myself and Bigjim submitted responses to your question already!!! Seems as if no one else was interested!!! You are welcome!!!!

Yeah, you did. My post wasn't meant to sound mad or anything. Was going to put a little smilely face after it but since I can't compare to the ones on this thread, I didn't do it. Thanks for the replys.
Old 12-18-00, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Keep it and give it away or trade it. Buy is very hard to get a response from, and I would guess that you would have better luck trading it for something you do want then trying to get your money back.

Just my opinion.

robyn
Old 12-18-00, 06:03 PM

i have problems with buy.com too, while back i ordered gladiator and u571 with my 10 student survey + 10 digital neighbor + 10/30 coupon for 11 shipped. they shipped my gladiator but u571 reverted back from sent to warehouse to processing. when i emailed them about it they said credit card company declined transaction. the kicker is I used ecount and how would ecount decline my transaction? I have enough money in there to cover the charges (12 bucks). I think they are just bitchin because i used 20gc and coupon combined. I'll see what reply i get out of em

[This message has been edited by LuCiFeR (edited December 18, 2000).]