Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon delivery question

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon delivery question

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-00, 03:50 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The website says "Delivery guarenteed before Christmas if ordered by December 18"... HELLO. It is the 13th, and it says expected delivery: Dec 22-28 ... a couple of these titles WERE pre-orders (like Se7en, Road Trip, Virgin Suicides, The Cell). Anyways, are they usually pretty good with delivery and all or should i cancel my order and stop at Best Buy?
Old 12-13-00, 03:58 PM

Well, I ordered X-men last Monday and have to recieve it, I did get a shipping notice, so maybe it the post office that is taking so long. If you are going to spend about the same amount of money I'd go BB and not have to worry about getting what you ordered.
Old 12-13-00, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Shipping this on over to the On Line Store forum
Old 12-14-00, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I ordered "X-Files : Season One" at about 9:00 PM last night and it's already been shipped via Priority mail.....
Old 12-14-00, 10:09 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem is that the postal service is getting bogged down. It took a letter I sent 6 business days to get somewhere that usually takes 2 or 3. My Amazon order shiped on the 9th and I haven't gotten it yet.

------------------
Josh Hinkle
My DVD's
My CD's
Old 12-14-00, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I preordered the Sopranos on Nov. 13. It still says 1 on hand, shipping soon. I called today, waited on hold, and the CSR said "I don't know what the problem is, we're a little slow on this one." I said that every other place has the preordered titles in my mailbox on release day or the day before. I also said I would understand if it didn't ship until release day, like they did with X-Files Season 2, but it's still sitting there. I said that if I ordered it today, the page says "ships in 24 hours", why can't mine. She had no answer but gave me a $10 gc for my troubles. I have about 15 DVDs I haven't watched yet, so I'm not worried. And $10 is $10 these days. Don't hesitate to call them if you're not happy. It usually pays.

------------------
"Can I have a panda cone, dad?"
"What happened to the $68 I send your mother every month?"
"Weekday Dad wanted a DVD player."