Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Restocking time for Amazon?

Old 12-08-00, 12:49 AM

Hello,
As a general rule, how good is amazon at getting items that are listed as out of stock/unavailable back in stock? I am trying to purcahse a Panasonic RV30 player from them because the planets (deals) have aligned on this one to make the price about $100 cheaper than anybody, with free shipping to boot. The longer I have to wait, the more deals will expire and make amazon a less attractive choice. Even if I can just throw my money down and wait several weeks would be great, but apparently that is no-go until something changes.

Thanks,
Samboe
Old 12-08-00, 03:16 AM
Cool New Member

I've been waiting for the Sony 20" KV20FV12 TV since September...

They seem to be extremely slow at restocking some items. Well, either that or they sell them out again very quickly. The 24" KV24FV12 for example became available and sold out in ~4 days I think.
Old 12-10-00, 02:13 PM

Just to let you know, Amazon has these back in stock now starting today...
Old 12-11-00, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

quote:
Originally posted by samboe:
Hello,
As a general rule, how good is amazon at getting items that are listed as out of stock/unavailable back in stock? I am trying to purcahse a Panasonic RV30 player from them because the planets (deals) have aligned on this one to make the price about $100 cheaper than anybody, with free shipping to boot. The longer I have to wait, the more deals will expire and make amazon a less attractive choice. Even if I can just throw my money down and wait several weeks would be great, but apparently that is no-go until something changes.

Thanks,
Samboe

Generally speaking, this depends on:

1. the manufacturer
2. the distribution center Amazon will ship from
3. the # of back orders currently placed against an out of stock item.
4. time of year (around Christmas, it will take much longer for them to replenish stock on certain items)