Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Problems with Express.com buddy program

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Problems with Express.com buddy program

Old 07-30-00, 03:05 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I referred 2 friends to Express.com over the last 2 months. As the referrer, I received my two $10 coupons. However, each of my friends were supposed to receive a $10 coupon for being the referree. Their coupon can be used on their next order, not their first order. (Stupid system, but we followed the instructions). To this point, neither of my friends have received their coupons. We have called them and we were told to send emails to the referral department. They claim the referral department is a separate area and email is the only way to contact them. The emails have gone unanswered. Has anyone ever had any problems with Express.com's buddy program? Maybe you can shed some light here? BTW, I have not used my $10 coupons yet. I don't think that is the problem but I thought I'd mention it.

Thank You,
Robert
Old 07-30-00, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have not heard anything regarding any problems with this program....did your friends preorder their titles and have these titles been shipped yet?? I really do not know what to tell you...maybe someone else may be able to shed some light on the problem!!!
Old 07-30-00, 07:32 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks djones. Both friends have already received their discs from their initial order. Express.com is supposed to be very reliable but this is very disturbing.

In case anyone doesn't know this is how the program works: A friend orders a disc. Within a week AFTER their order, I referred them. This seems backwards but it's the way it works. I send Express all of their info and my info. Express then sends me a $10 coupon (no minimum) for referring my friends. My friends each get a $10 off $25 coupon good on their next order or whenever they choose to use it.(before it expires of course). It's sort of a welcome aboard type of thing for them. The issued $10 coupons cannot be used for pre orders.

Anyone else?

Old 08-02-00, 01:24 AM
Cool New Member

Update: Well Express.com came through after all. They finally responded to my emails and sent the coupons out today. Everybody's happy

Robert
Old 12-07-00, 07:54 PM

Do you guys have the URL for the description of the program?

I can't seem to locate it, although I had it before.

Thanks

mj