Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Need Help w/ 800.com: THey Cancelled Discreet Charm order

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Need Help w/ 800.com: THey Cancelled Discreet Charm order

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-00, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a portion of a large order w/ 800.com i placed was cancelled w/ no warning today. Discreet Charm of the Bourgoisie, which they listed as 11/28, was cancelled off my order, because

"We have just learned that the title you ordered from us, "Discreet Charm Of
The Boureoisie"
is no longer available. Due to this unfortunate situation, your order for
this title has been cancelled."

As far as i know, the item was changed to a 12/5 release date.

Since this order was placed w/ their 20/100 coupon, and through BFL for free shipping and $10 rebate, the order must stay above $75. I need to know others' experiences in how to handle this.

I have emailed Criterion for confirmation that the title is available & will email that response to 800.com. Meanwhile, i replied to 800 that i am very upset they cancelled this when it has just been delayed a week, and that they should check w/ their distributor.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Old 12-01-00, 02:14 AM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
I have the same problem. Guess it's a phone call to 800.com tomorrow.
Old 12-01-00, 05:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pasolini - I was wondering the same thing. I used the MS Passport discount & a coupon requiring a certain amount, and now w/ "Discreet Charm" suddenly cancelled, I may have a problem.

But here's the thing - 800.com cancelled a Criterion pre-order on me for the same "distributor" reason you list above. It was "The Blob", and I had used a $10 Pizza Hut coupon for that a few months ago. However, I tried "Blob" again w/ them in the same recent order as "Discreet Charm", and got "Blob" 2 days later, no problem. "Charm", however, is cancelled this time. Apparently they don't like couponed Criterion pre-orders. But it's a crock, because I did wind up getting "Blob" from them anyway! Call 'em & complain. That's what I'm doing.

JiM T
Old 12-01-00, 06:28 PM
X
Administrator

I called 800.com CS. They added the preorder back to the order. They said they had to do it that way because, as a result of canceling it on my just over $100 order, I lost the $20 off 100 on the remaining items they already shipped.

Nice! They cancel an item and you lose use of their coupon. What were they going to do, just charge my credit card the extra $15 I was no longer eligible for?
Old 12-02-00, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

emailed early this morning - no reply.

called this evening - was put on hold for 15 minutes then suddenly got transferred to some voice mail machine. Left annoyed message.

arrrgggghhhh..
Old 12-02-00, 07:13 PM
Banned

guys/gals: take my advice, any customer service issues you have, put these calls off for mid-week! Weekends they are usually staffed with pt help who don't know **** about procedures, call back mid-week, be nice to them and you can get away with murder!
Old 12-03-00, 04:14 PM
X
Administrator

quote:<HR>Originally posted by BillumillAmerika:
guys/gals: take my advice, any customer service issues you have, put these calls off for mid-week! Weekends they are usually staffed with pt help who don't know **** about procedures, call back mid-week, be nice to them and you can get away with murder!<HR>

I've had some really good luck on weekends and very late at night. It seems to me that their lack of knowledge about procedures often gets me what I want. And they seem really happy to be able to help you out.

I was getting very good help late at night during the B & N Criterion mispricing fiasco. But when I called during the day, on a weekday, I had the biggest hassle.
Old 12-04-00, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got an answer to my email today. The dvd was reinstated on my order but it has now been delayed until 12/19.
Old 12-04-00, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

got 800.com's "most humblest apologies" for the cancelled order - was told it was a software error blah blah blah and that they "again humbly beg your forgiveness". Good lord! Who was this written by - Ghandi?

On a side note, here is the 'official' word from Criterion Himself:

Criterion's upcoming edition of DISCREET CHARM OF THE BOURGEOISIE has
not been cancelled. Its scheduled release date is 12/19/00. Expect it
then.

Thanks for your mail and please feel free to contact me with any
future questions or concerns.

Best,
JM