Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Is buy.com really this good?

Old 12-01-00, 01:19 AM
Cool New Member

ok heres the deal, this past sunday night @ 11:45pm I ordered Avia guide to home theater, standard shipping. It shipped on Monday, and it arrived at my house Thursday afternoon. I figured it would take at the very least 7 days, especially considering it's the holiday season. But 4 days I would think is quite incredible.
Old 12-01-00, 01:27 AM
Banned

There shipping is quick.....
Old 12-01-00, 08:41 AM

... once they get around to sending it out the door That seems like a very good turn around time though
Old 12-02-00, 08:30 AM

Buy.com varies in their shipping service. If an item is in stock and you order, you'll receive it within a few days. I have ordered from them and received my item in as little as 2 days!

However, if there is a problem with your order, you're in for a long wait. If you have a defective disc and need to replace it, don't expect such quick service. I was waiting for STAR IS BORN since Sept. when I sent it back and finally cancelled it 2 weeks ago since they said they couldn't find it.

I just ordered GLADIATOR (a more popular title) and have been waiting a week now for them even to ship. I did get an email telling me that they are "still looking " for this title. Their web site indicated 24-48 hours shipping when I ordered it.

So although you were pleased with your last order, don't expect this kind of service everytime!
Old 12-03-00, 03:58 AM

I bought a book this past Tuesday in the morning. I Recieved the book on Wednesday at noon. I recieved the e-mail saying they were shipping the book later in the afternoon on Wednesday. I could not believe I recieved the product before the e-mail. Very impressed.
Old 12-03-00, 06:33 AM
Stealth Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by kroche22:
I bought a book this past Tuesday in the morning. I Recieved the book on Wednesday at noon. I recieved the e-mail saying they were shipping the book later in the afternoon on Wednesday. I could not believe I recieved the product before the e-mail. Very impressed.

Yeah, happened to me once too. It's nice living close to a shipping center, as I only have a 1-day transit.

------------------
DEFENDER OF THE OTHER FORUM