Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

800.com not providing option to ship DVDs all at once

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

800.com not providing option to ship DVDs all at once

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-00, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
800.com seemed to change their default option of shipping "all at once" and minimizing the S&H charge. Now if you place more than one pre-order in your shopping cart, it will charge you $1.95 PER DVD for shipping as if they will all ship individually.

There is no visible option to say ship all at once like it always was done. I have contacted them to find out what's up but the customer service seems to not know why this is the case either. Very frustrating to say the least since I was going to place an order with them and have had a hard time contacting customer service to get an answer to this potential new policy. I hope they fix it soon but just wanted to give everyone this info before you waste your time.
Old 11-30-00, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another weird thing is that as you point out your order when you place it says that they charge you $1.95 for each item (it's reduced for some items if they are in stock and can ship together). However, if you look at your shipping receipts and emails, you'll note that if you have an order of say 5 DVD's and are quoted a total shipping price of $10.70, the first two shipments will be billed for $3.90, the third $2.90 (and I guess you won't be billed for the subsequent ones, though I don't know since I haven't received my 4th or 5th DVD's yet on these orders). I hope they don't try cancelling any of the others that haven't shipped yet. If they do, I'd like to request a refund of some shipping charges! They've sure changed since earlier times when they didn't charge anything for shipping. I'm sure they are profiting a bit by having you "loan" them more in advance for the future shipping charges that they bill you for on the first shipments. Kinda sneaky...

------------------
- DVDealer

[This message has been edited by DVDealer (edited November 29, 2000).]
Old 11-30-00, 03:56 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
DVDealer -- if you send me your order number, I'll have someone investigate why the shipping charges are appearing that way instead of being broken up by package.

Regardless, if something were cancelled or we couldn't ship it to you, we would credit your account for the excess shipping charged.

Steve Armbrust
800.com