Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

X-Files 2 arrives Friday from TWEC; my big TWEC order...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

X-Files 2 arrives Friday from TWEC; my big TWEC order...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-00, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I post this story for those interested in TWEC, especially since TWEC has such a questionable reputation online. My only previous experience with TWEC was during one of those free-shipping periods when you could also use a coupon, just like the current promotion in the Bargains Forum. I pre-ordered 3 DVDs at 25% off for a purchase of 3 or more plus free shipping. All of this made some of their miserable prices palatable. All items shipped as planned.

When Express.com became unreliable, I cancelled all of my pre-orders, splitting them among several etailers. Following is my second, huge order placed at TWEC, using 25% off and free shipping:

Order Date: 092900

Lars Von Trier Element Of Crime: $28.88
Fly: $17.88
Men In Black LE: $28.88
James And The Giant Peach: $21.88
7 Faces Of Dr. Lao: $17.88
Jurassic Park & Lost World Collection: $38.88
Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box Set: $50.88
American Beauty: $19.88
Touch Of Evil: $21.88
Bridge On The River Kwai LE: $28.88
X-Files:Season 2: $108.88

25% off any order containing DVDs! (ecentives): ($96.17)

Merchandise Total: $288.51
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $288.51

Here’s what happened: everything arrived on a timely basis or well in advance, such as X-Files, with the notable exception of Element of Crime, which was cancelled in the typical TWEC way.

Conclusion: pre-orders of more common and popular releases have a better chance of success than more obscure titles. In fact, Element of Crime was not a pre-order by the time I placed the order. TWEC credited 25% discount at one time for the entire order, even including the sizable discount on the title that was cancelled! The credit took place at some point midway through the shipping cycle, probably after I had amassed enough charges to cover the discount.

Would I do this again? He!! yes, if the deal is right. Nevertheless, TWEC has flaws, very famous and big flaws, like most other etailers.

------------------
Do you see what a can of worms this portal is? I don't think I can go on living my life as I have lived it.